Craft Ears Reviews/Impressions Thread
Feb 13, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #122 of 346
As just noted above, there is a vent, therefore I take there's a nice big dynamic driver inside😁

Also I heard some rumours of possible EST drivers?
EST with C6 level of treble(SES and Feild Specific Horn system)
Maybe
Just speculating

But if it is

It might change the whole game forever because there is literally no well implemented EST iem as far I have seen

Feb 13, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #123 of 346
Something new is coming from Craft Ears. I can't reveal much about the prototype I'm testing, but I will mention that it sounds great.

I can also post some photos :D

@MatusSVK photos reveal the key feature (about IEM type) :D

I don't have stock cable and eartips. I paired them with CM Cable Penumbra 8, PWaudio Monile ft. 1950s, Ego Audio Champagne and few more. If you like great stage with horrific windth, you will like it.

Dont be a tease mate
Cmon tell us

Also, from engineering background, cable only effect crosstalk by most in unbalanced , so go balanced cable as the cable factor of change in sound(crosstalk) will be reduced and power factor will increase.

Feb 13, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #124 of 346
Something new is coming from Craft Ears. I can't reveal much about the prototype I'm testing, but I will mention that it sounds great.

I can also post some photos :D

CE proto #1.jpg
CE proto #2.jpg
CE proto #3.jpg
CE proto #5.jpg

Oh I know what you're talking about. :wink:

Feb 23, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #125 of 346
I had a great opportunity to spend some time not only with a hybrid IEM prototype from Craft Ears, but also with their SIX - IEM with 6 BA drivers (2+2+1+1) and proprietary technologies like RASEN Bass, SES (Space Expanse System) or True Load. This is the final version with smaller shells than the prototype I was testing at the beginning of 2020. And yes, it has great faceplates with carbon fiber and copper flakes which I like also on mine CE4.

CE Six #1.jpg

In the future I will make a full review of Craft Ears SIX, so I don't want to write now about build, design or package. I just share some impressions about listening to CE6 (I use them with Azla Sedna Short/Acoustune AET07a eartips, Lotoo PAW Gold Touch/Shanling M8/iBasso DX300 and cables like Rhapsodio OCC MKII, CM Cable Penumbra (8), PW audio Monile ft. 1950s/with shielding).

CE Six #2.jpg

Craft Ears SIX impressions:
  • a well-balanced sound that is not strictly neutral, I would rather describe it as reference-natural; it is neither visibly warmed nor visibly brightened, although, depending on the selected eartips, it may tilt a bit one way or the other;
  • great bass and not only when you take into account the IEMs with all BA configuration, the double bass driver supported by RASEN Bass technology (special 3D structure) really works; the bass in the CE6 has a relatively quick attack, although not as fast as in most BA models, and it decays naturally (somewhat in the style of dynamic driver), it is also extremely detailed and well controlled;
  • the lows are accentuated mainly in the lower bass and sub-bass, and reach the very bottom; middle and upper bass are quite neutral, so there isn't much warmth; bass is distinguished by good microdynamics, precision and very good texture rendering; CE6 can compete with many hybrids or good dynamics in this respect;
  • it's more of a reference bass, so not necessarily for fans of lows that effectively fills the every part of the space or hits very hard; the aforementioned accents, however, add a hint of musicality, and the tuning overall helps to achieve higher clarity;
    lower midrange is quite neutral, yet sound natural to my ears; it is not withdrawn and does not suffer from thin body; the instruments have a correct, pleasant timbre and sound realistic (the CE6 are really good at rendering acoustic music or live recordings);
  • the vocals are a touch more forward than instruments (another step, which guarantees greater clarity), and there are accents in the upper midrange, which improves their definition; the range of presence (approx. 5 kHz) is not emphasized, so there is no way that vocals will "stick to the face" or be shouty;
  • the midrange has a smooth character, maybe not strictly organic, but you can feel a pinch of analog taste, the CE6 are also not IEMs that try to throw details in the face, but the overall level of details is very good for this price range;
    the treble is presented in a natural but detailed way, its lower part (approx. 5.5-6 kHz) is quite calm and less accentuated than in the Craft Ears FOUR, so the crash in the cymbals is a little distant. The upper part of the band (around 7-8 kHz) is slightly boosted, which increases the speed of transitions and the rendering of details;
  • the last octave is particularly impressive, as it is clearly emphasized and well stretched, which is probably due to the horn-shaped soundtubes; accents guarantees an elongated but still natural splash and adds a lot of air;
  • CE6 sound very clean and has dark background, which translates into easier capture of details, it also makes it easier to distinguish planes in depth and improves the separation of instruments (especially when a lot is happening in the soung);
  • the stage is quite big, has a good width and height, and a very good depth, the holography is at a high level, which is also influenced by good channel separation and quite precise positioning, the CE6 presents the sound in an unforced way;
  • From the technical side, the SIX stands out for under USD 1000, in terms of extension or details, they stand out from more expensive models, such as Campfire Audio Andromeda or Lime Ears Aether R, but in my opinion, they are primarily to be not analytical, but natural and easy to listen (even for hours as nothing tires or annoys you);
  • The CE6 won't work for bassheads or fans of thick midrange or sparkling cymbals, they are also not headphones for people who like boosted macrodynamics (fans of more vivid electronic genres), they are characterized by the correct dynamics, but it depends mostly on a given song.

An important feature of Craft Ears SIX is "flat impedance". To put it simply: the headphones are supposed to retain their tonal character in tandem with the different sources. This is true because they sounded in a very similar way with the DAPs used during the listening session. Obviously, they scale with increasing source quality. With DX300 they sound much wider, with LPGT the separation enters a new level. IEM is definitely worth checking out when looking for a well-balanced sound at the $1000 price tag.

Mar 16, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #127 of 346
I had a great opportunity to spend some time not only with a hybrid IEM prototype from Craft Ears, but also with their SIX - IEM with 6 BA drivers (2+2+1+1) and proprietary technologies like RASEN Bass, SES (Space Expanse System) or True Load. This is the final version with smaller shells than the prototype I was testing at the beginning of 2020. And yes, it has great faceplates with carbon fiber and copper flakes which I like also on mine CE4.

In the future I will make a full review of Craft Ears SIX, so I don't want to write now about build, design or package. I just share some impressions about listening to CE6 (I use them with Azla Sedna Short/Acoustune AET07a eartips, Lotoo PAW Gold Touch/Shanling M8/iBasso DX300 and cables like Rhapsodio OCC MKII, CM Cable Penumbra (8), PW audio Monile ft. 1950s/with shielding).

Craft Ears SIX impressions:
  • a well-balanced sound that is not strictly neutral, I would rather describe it as reference-natural; it is neither visibly warmed nor visibly brightened, although, depending on the selected eartips, it may tilt a bit one way or the other;
  • great bass and not only when you take into account the IEMs with all BA configuration, the double bass driver supported by RASEN Bass technology (special 3D structure) really works; the bass in the CE6 has a relatively quick attack, although not as fast as in most BA models, and it decays naturally (somewhat in the style of dynamic driver), it is also extremely detailed and well controlled;
  • the lows are accentuated mainly in the lower bass and sub-bass, and reach the very bottom; middle and upper bass are quite neutral, so there isn't much warmth; bass is distinguished by good microdynamics, precision and very good texture rendering; CE6 can compete with many hybrids or good dynamics in this respect;
  • it's more of a reference bass, so not necessarily for fans of lows that effectively fills the every part of the space or hits very hard; the aforementioned accents, however, add a hint of musicality, and the tuning overall helps to achieve higher clarity;
    lower midrange is quite neutral, yet sound natural to my ears; it is not withdrawn and does not suffer from thin body; the instruments have a correct, pleasant timbre and sound realistic (the CE6 are really good at rendering acoustic music or live recordings);
  • the vocals are a touch more forward than instruments (another step, which guarantees greater clarity), and there are accents in the upper midrange, which improves their definition; the range of presence (approx. 5 kHz) is not emphasized, so there is no way that vocals will "stick to the face" or be shouty;
  • the midrange has a smooth character, maybe not strictly organic, but you can feel a pinch of analog taste, the CE6 are also not IEMs that try to throw details in the face, but the overall level of details is very good for this price range;
    the treble is presented in a natural but detailed way, its lower part (approx. 5.5-6 kHz) is quite calm and less accentuated than in the Craft Ears FOUR, so the crash in the cymbals is a little distant. The upper part of the band (around 7-8 kHz) is slightly boosted, which increases the speed of transitions and the rendering of details;
  • the last octave is particularly impressive, as it is clearly emphasized and well stretched, which is probably due to the horn-shaped soundtubes; accents guarantees an elongated but still natural splash and adds a lot of air;
  • CE6 sound very clean and has dark background, which translates into easier capture of details, it also makes it easier to distinguish planes in depth and improves the separation of instruments (especially when a lot is happening in the soung);
  • the stage is quite big, has a good width and height, and a very good depth, the holography is at a high level, which is also influenced by good channel separation and quite precise positioning, the CE6 presents the sound in an unforced way;
  • From the technical side, the SIX stands out for under USD 1000, in terms of extension or details, they stand out from more expensive models, such as Campfire Audio Andromeda or Lime Ears Aether R, but in my opinion, they are primarily to be not analytical, but natural and easy to listen (even for hours as nothing tires or annoys you);
  • The CE6 won't work for bassheads or fans of thick midrange or sparkling cymbals, they are also not headphones for people who like boosted macrodynamics (fans of more vivid electronic genres), they are characterized by the correct dynamics, but it depends mostly on a given song.

An important feature of Craft Ears SIX is "flat impedance". To put it simply: the headphones are supposed to retain their tonal character in tandem with the different sources. This is true because they sounded in a very similar way with the DAPs used during the listening session. Obviously, they scale with increasing source quality. With DX300 they sound much wider, with LPGT the separation enters a new level. IEM is definitely worth checking out when looking for a well-balanced sound at the $1000 price tag.
Very nicely written with proper explaination

Mar 26, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #131 of 346
@dhruvmeena96 @Metalboyy After listening to the first prototype I send Jędrzej my thoughts and suggestions towards tuning. He already retuned the new model a little based on it. So it's safe not to share details. I can tell that stage size is really nice, sound is well balanced.

Overall, if you like SIX or think about grabbing that model due to promo and waiting for news about the hybrid, I could tell the new one is a noticeably different product. Both are quite "universal sounding", but some users will like much more hybrid, some will like more SIX.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back