Craft Ears Reviews/Impressions Thread
Mar 3, 2020 at 6:34 AM Post #16 of 345
Hey folks, glad to see some impressions of this earphone popping up! Just posted up my full review with comparisons to competitors from Custom Art, Oriveti and the formidable Campfire Andromeda. This is surely one of the most ear-pleasing 4-BA earphones I've heard and is best suited for those wanting a balanced, musical earphone with smooth, prominent vocals and airy highs. I think Jed has achieved something wonderful here, the Craft Four is very accomplished in both tuning and acoustic design. See my full review on Everyday Listening!

dsc07893.jpg

Mar 10, 2020 at 7:58 AM Post #18 of 345
Totally thought I had posted my review here already! :face_palm: Anyway, I'm another fan of Craft FOUR. This is a unique and enjoyable iem.
Craft FOUR review.

Craft FOUR_13.jpg

Attachments

• Craft FOUR_9.jpg
    Craft FOUR_9.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 0
Mar 12, 2020 at 1:49 AM Post #20 of 345
Craft made a teaser post on Instagram for the Craft SIX. According to Jed himself it's something very unique:
Screenshot_20200310-190741_Instagram.jpg
I will leave it to them to give more details of the acoustic structure & technologies behind it. Very cool stuff :)

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio
Apr 2, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #24 of 345
Long time no see fellas. Quartantine struck hard but Jed made it sweeter with a small gift I've got for him yesterday.

Yep, the Six arrived. For now just a universal prototype version for some quick check-up an initial impression, but... gods, I hate him right now. The Four are really good, but I would in an instant throw my money on a custom version of the Six'es. It's not just the "Four on steroids" but something that instantly blew me away. The bass (and I love the bass) is just simply amaziing. Jed truly outdid himself this time, because now the percussion sounds even better. There is this "thump" when needed, but there is also speed, amazing attack and a very natural decay. The mids resemble a little the Four with a little bit more pronounced vocals, but they now are fuller, have more body to them and sound ever so natural especially in the lower region, which gives the extra drive to the electric guitars. The highs are smooth but have an amazing timbre and to date they have one of the best sounding cymbals in my own preference. Comparing to Four they don't give that sense of space and width at first glance, but offer a lot better depth with better layering and they are to my ear much more detailed.

So far tried them with my DX221, but tonight I'm gonna switch from Rhapsodio OCC Mk2 to EA Ares II to listen to them in balanced with my DX228 and Sony WM1A on DMP-Z1 1.02 software.

I'm gonna make a review of the custom sixes even if I'd have to pay for a custom loaner xD

Apr 5, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #25 of 345
Long time no see fellas. Quartantine struck hard but Jed made it sweeter with a small gift I've got for him yesterday.

Yep, the Six arrived. For now just a universal prototype version for some quick check-up an initial impression, but... gods, I hate him right now. The Four are really good, but I would in an instant throw my money on a custom version of the Six'es. It's not just the "Four on steroids" but something that instantly blew me away. The bass (and I love the bass) is just simply amaziing. Jed truly outdid himself this time, because now the percussion sounds even better. There is this "thump" when needed, but there is also speed, amazing attack and a very natural decay. The mids resemble a little the Four with a little bit more pronounced vocals, but they now are fuller, have more body to them and sound ever so natural especially in the lower region, which gives the extra drive to the electric guitars. The highs are smooth but have an amazing timbre and to date they have one of the best sounding cymbals in my own preference. Comparing to Four they don't give that sense of space and width at first glance, but offer a lot better depth with better layering and they are to my ear much more detailed.

So far tried them with my DX221, but tonight I'm gonna switch from Rhapsodio OCC Mk2 to EA Ares II to listen to them in balanced with my DX228 and Sony WM1A on DMP-Z1 1.02 software.

I'm gonna make a review of the custom sixes even if I'd have to pay for a custom loaner xD
Waiting for your review mate

Apr 5, 2020 at 8:57 AM Post #26 of 345
Waiting for your review mate
Gonna take some time as I am first obliged to finish some other stuff, but it will definiteley come. Still in the testing phase of the proto-universal but can't get enough. These definietely have something special in them <3

Forgot to tell :D Apart from RASEN Bass, there is one more special tech inside the Six I should have mentioned before.

true load.png

True Load = Flat impedance & Phase. Simply said - no matter the sources output impedance, the Six will play the same and only the sources own sound sig will matter :) Cool stuff especially, that these have very low impedance (below 10ohm as far as I remember) :)

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #27 of 345
Gonna take some time as I am first obliged to finish some other stuff, but it will definiteley come. Still in the testing phase of the proto-universal but can't get enough. These definietely have something special in them <3

Forgot to tell :D Apart from RASEN Bass, there is one more special tech inside the Six I should have mentioned before.

true load.png

True Load = Flat impedance & Phase. Simply said - no matter the sources output impedance, the Six will play the same and only the sources own sound sig will matter :) Cool stuff especially, that these have very low impedance (below 10ohm as far as I remember) :)
Sounds similar to Custom Arts Fibae and 64Audio's LID tech.

Apr 6, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #28 of 345
Sounds similar to Custom Arts Fibae and 64Audio's LID tech.

All of them have the same end goal to achieving a flat impedance but the method is where they differ. I believe Custom Art has their own proprietary drivers with flat impedance, whereas Craft and 64 seems to do it via crossover/circuitry

Subtonic Audio Cutting-edge artisanal in-ear monitors for discerning listeners. Proudly designed and manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Subtonic Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Subtonic.Audio https://www.instagram.com/subtonicaudio https://subtonic.audio support@subtonic.audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back