Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS!
Sep 11, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #527 of 789

I ran the full test.  iP5S fully topped up.  Used Kaisertone, set an album to loop and let it run.  5 hours to get to the warning sign.  Just under 5 and half hours to battery dead / shut-off.  Same test just playing music with the iPhone itself should net about 16-20 hours.

And I'm sorry - but I think for something that's designed for an iDevice, then its a flaw. IMO there is too much power on tap.  Try running it at full noise even with an HD600 and see how loud it goes. I'd suggest dropping the power output (and therefore the power drain), and get a sweet spot with both worlds.

Of course I'm likely to be in the minority on this forum - and possibly in the majority elsewhere 
wink.gif

If I have to carry around a power brick, it kind of defeats the portability aspect of the Aegis IMO.  May as well just take a portable dac/amp.

Well Brooko, you always have been the black sheep of the family. 
tongue.gif
 (sheep punt bonus)

And I can not disagree with your findings that the power draw is quite high,  

Too much power too little power there's always going to be a difference of requirements. 
smile.gif

Sep 11, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #528 of 789
Power draw for Aegis is a clear "CON".

For EMI: I have tried it with my LG G3 and Galaxy TabS (WiFi open) with the original cable for connection. Didn't notice EMI. But we need all the inputs to make a broader conclusion...

I am after the sound of Aegis so I can happily carry a slim battery attached on my audiphile phone case for it. If I want to go more minimalistic then I can use the Aegis only... But designers needs to lover the batt consumption, thats sure. I have reflected all these in my review as well as solutions that I find.

obsidyen , regrarding battery consumption Lancea is much safer device. Its batt consumption rate is similar to Astrapi which is fine...

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:22 AM Post #529 of 789

And I'm sorry - but I think for something that's designed for an iDevice, then its a flaw. IMO there is too much power on tap.  Try running it at full noise even with an HD600 and see how loud it goes. I'd suggest dropping the power output (and therefore the power drain), and get a sweet spot with both worlds.

Of course I'm likely to be in the minority on this forum - and possibly in the majority elsewhere 
wink.gif

IMO a low/high gain switch would help a lot with both volume control and power drain...

Sep 11, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #532 of 789
  1440 mAh iphone 5

3220 mAh Note 4

And the idea of carrying around a one dimensional brick with a 10 band eq is.....nope.

Been there done that.

Pour out a 40 for the dedicated DAP

LOL

iPhone 5 - 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6 mm @ 112g

Note 4 - 153.5 x 78.6 x 8.5 mm @ 176g

You're already carrying a brick Chris - no wonder you need the Aegis 
wink.gif

Different uses, different preferences my friend.  Quite happy sticking with my X3ii - and even pairing it with the E17K if I need to extend battery life.  Don't pour that drink out yet 
smile.gif

Sep 11, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #534 of 789

My Note 4 and Aegis are the balls!  I paid 20 bucks for a 8,000mAh battery to deal with it. 

for 25 I bought 16,000mAh Xiaomi powerbank, cannot complain.

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:43 AM Post #536 of 789
Well, you know, with many Android smartphones we have access to the battery. (like iBasso DX50 etc) hotswap. So It's completely understandable the Apple users getting frustrated at the power draw, you know, non user replaceable batterys . :wink:

#cuethesmartphinewars

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #537 of 789

or this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/301669713346?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

With a right angle you don't have to worry about connector sticking out
wink.gif
  For $6 that is one heck of a solid usb-otg cable!

How does Aegis sound with PM-3? I'm looking for a portable amp to use with PM-3.

Smooth detailed dynamic sound with an excellent retrieval of details, really among the best pair ups I heard w/PM-3 (even better pair up than HA-2 which requires high-gain). High level of transparency, and sound quality is even better than driven from my N6.  But keep in mind, I'm using Linum 3.5mm cable (their 1.2m prototype), and that silver-plated litz cable is a step up from the stock cable.  But regardless of that, this is one heck of a pair up to drive PM-3 with authority!!!

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #538 of 789
Well, you know, with many Android smartphones we have access to the battery. (like iBasso DX50 etc). Sos It's completely understandable the Apple users getting frustrated at the power draw, you know, non user replaceable batterys .
wink.gif

#cuethesmartphinewars

Galaxy is no better now, starting with S6 and Note 5 no more microSD card or replaceable batteries :frowning2:  I'm sticking with my Note 4 for as long as I can...

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #539 of 789

Galaxy is no better now, starting with S6 and Note 5 no more microSD card or replaceable batteries :frowning2:  I'm sticking with my Note 4 for as long as I can...

For sure, I'm aware, I also really dislike the direction Samsung took. My next droid will be Note 3 or Note 4,  I have a Note 2 atm which runs as a pure network media slave around the house, in bed etc, never had a sim card inserted. Come to think of it haven't plugged Aegis in yet either. While I love the screen real estate I still use an S3 as my main phone.

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #540 of 789

For sure, I'm aware, I also really dislike the direction Samsung took. My next droid will be Note 3 or Note 4,  I have a Note 2 atm which runs as a pure network media slave around the house, in bed etc, never had a sim card inserted. Come to think of it haven't plugged Aegis in yet either. While I love the screen real estate I still use an S3 as my main phone.

My phone is an iphone6 cuz my contract is still on.
The Note 4 is rooted but has no sim and is on wifi so...it's running the audio show....very well
biggrin.gif
I used de-bloater and stopped all un-needed apps so it can stream and play but nothing else

Users who are viewing this thread

Back