Cozoy Aegis - 192kHz 24bit DAC/amp - Compatible with Android and iOS!
Sep 9, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #466 of 789

You could PM @Wyd4 about this, I believe he's heard both. Myself only 325e.

Generally the 'e' series to me in general sounds a bit more mainstream.
Not in a bad way, well I like it, Grado purists would disagree probably.

They are still definately Grado all over, but a little smoother and more forgiving of source/tracks etc.  A little less agressive.

Its a good move really, I think they will sell more headphones leaning this way and personally I would lvoe to see them still around in another 30 years.

Sep 9, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #468 of 789

Generally the 'e' series to me in general sounds a bit more mainstream.
Not in a bad way, well I like it, Grado purists would disagree probably.

They are still definately Grado all over, but a little smoother and more forgiving of source/tracks etc.  A little less agressive.

Its a good move really, I think they will sell more headphones leaning this way and personally I would lvoe to see them still around in another 30 years.

I must sell them, mainstream does not remain in my house. 
wink_face.gif

Speaking of Aegis, its receiving quite the reception, lots of happy campers. 

You sold your X3II then? Aegis 4lyf is it?

Sep 9, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #469 of 789

I must sell them, mainstream does not remain in my house. 
wink_face.gif

Speaking of Aegis, its receiving quite the reception, lots of happy campers. 

You sold your X3II then? Aegis 4lyf is it?

Yeah man I would sell them for sure.... To me :wink: :p

Yeah enjoying mine.

Sold the X3ii in favor of the Aegis yes.  Aegis 4lyf bro.  Represent.

In all likelihood I will find something else shiny in a few weeks, sell the Aegis to someone at a loss and burn more money to be honest.

But at this stage really enjoying it :D
Cant wait to try my Ref1toos on it before they go up for sale lol.

Sep 9, 2015 at 12:21 PM Post #473 of 789
@Hawaiibadboy Where'd you get the short OTG cable? I'd love to have something like that.

2 of them came with my e18 Kunlun
biggrin.gif

Cozoy ( you guys watchin'? ) should note the pic and consider including a shorter cable for this configuration.

I can switch off my DAC's easy with the velcro and a short cable. Plug n go. The Note 4 is so wide that when I hold it the Aegis sits in the gap of my hand. Can't even feel it on the back.

Sep 9, 2015 at 1:49 PM Post #478 of 789
Sep 9, 2015 at 3:51 PM Post #479 of 789
The right angle one wouldn't work for me.  I'm using a Samsung S5, and it has a flap that covers the USB jack, to make it water resistant.  I might pull it off, or it might fall off on it's own soon, but for right now, the right angle plug turns the same way the flap folds down, and the two would interfere with each other.  The straight plug works better for me.

Sep 9, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #480 of 789
  The right angle one wouldn't work for me.  I'm using a Samsung S5, and it has a flap that covers the USB jack, to make it water resistant.  I might pull it off, or it might fall off on it's own soon, but for right now, the right angle plug turns the same way the flap folds down, and the two would interfere with each other.  The straight plug works better for me.

Thank God Sammy abandoned that awful micro-usb3 connector after Note 3/S5 fiasco.  My wife has S5, and I hate that connector with passion lol!!!  Either way you need to keep the connector dust/moisture flap open when using a cable.  I will check it out after work to see if it's going to fit the other way - the position is not fixed since you can flip it symmetrically (cable, that is).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back