COWON Z2 - The complete Review (from Izzi going)
Nov 1, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #406 of 542
slight problem i have found with the stock music player

genres do not show even though i have genres in the tags
artists show as 'unknown'

so 2 of the sorting options are unavailable to me

poweramp = zero issues. i bought this for its stock player and not to install add ons. any suggestions?

Nov 1, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #407 of 542
Quote:
Hi,

Is any one else having problems with the Z2 recognising the album artist. Mine says 'Unknown Artist' on 235 of my albums. (If it was just a few I could put up with it!) I am sure it is to do with the id tags but I can't see any rhyme nor reason re. which ones are recognised and which aren't. I have tried editing the tags on my pc and on the device but nothing sticks. None of the 3rd party players that I've tried recognise them either except one, GoneMad Music Player. I have 3rd party players on other Android devices and they all work fine.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

i have the same issue. surprised no one else has

Nov 7, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #408 of 542
My z2 came in yesterday. It's was great. The seller on eBay even threw in a universal adapter and cowon jelly case for free. Wish he mentioned something about the case on the product page thou... I ordered a jelly case the same time as I ordered the z2.

Btw I notice u cant seem to view track details like bitrate and all that using the stock player? Am I missing something? Cause its a real bummer to an otherwise great dap. Love the ui!

Nov 9, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #409 of 542
I read 20+ pages of this thread. Did a forum search. Still cannot find anyone using the Cowon Z2 micro usb port for digital audio out.

I am wanting to hook this up via micro USB to a portable amp. Can anyone confirm the usb port is giving digital audio out? (as in, you have actually seen it used)

May seem like a stupid question, but why wouldn't Cowon make it clearer if it was a legitimate audio output port?

Let's get "You can just use the headphone jack" response out of the way. Obviously.

Nov 10, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #410 of 542
I read 20+ pages of this thread. Did a forum search. Still cannot find anyone using the Cowon Z2 micro usb port for digital audio out.

I am wanting to hook this up via micro USB to a portable amp. Can anyone confirm the usb port is giving digital audio out? (as in, you have actually seen it used)

May seem like a stupid question, but why wouldn't Cowon make it clearer if it was a legitimate audio output port?

Let's get "You can just use the headphone jack" response out of the way. Obviously.

ask your question here.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CCkQjBAwAQ&url=http%3A%2F%2Fiaudiophile.net%2Fforums%2F&ei=6QKeULjeEuSiige9r4DoAw&usg=AFQjCNFv3z00B8f5OM56M9NIGyQnPlZsWg&sig2=S98Xn3rcabkTBCJHDhS1QQ

Nov 10, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #411 of 542
Tried my new z2 for a few days already and I have to say. That device simply doesn't have enough juice! The stock player is pretty limited in it'd options and can't play alac and acc so I tried getting Google play in it. No dice. Tried the apk folder method doesn't work.

So I installed poweramp directly in it. Works great! Except everytime I play something there will be skips in the tracks. There's nothing beside poweramp running so how can there not be enough memory?

Now I feel stupid for shelling out the cash on this instead of getting an itouch 5.

SQ is the biggest priority for me and cowon apparently has superior sound compared to the itouch. But in exchange I have to use a device less responsive than my old 2nd gen touch? I dunno man.

Nov 10, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #413 of 542
My S9 zooms around pretty well. I hope Cowon haven't taken a step backwards with Z2.

Nov 10, 2012 at 4:19 AM Post #415 of 542
compared to an ios device, unfortunately the z2 is not even close. and no i'm not an ios fanboi. as melonpan said 'cowon apparently has superior sound compared to the itouch. But in exchange I have to use a device less responsive than my old 2nd gen touch'

Well I have a 2G touch here, the S9 runs around as quick as that does for music and such. it can go as fast as I can press the buttons.

Nov 10, 2012 at 4:34 AM Post #416 of 542
it seems cowon have not progressed too much then from your s9 and may indeed have taken a back step, if their ui on a 2012 z2 is only on par with ui from a 2008 itouch
smile.gif

Nov 10, 2012 at 5:26 AM Post #417 of 542
it seems cowon have not progressed too much then from your s9 and may indeed have taken a back step, if their ui on a 2012 z2 is only on par with ui from a 2008 itouch :smile:

Not cool Cowon, not cool. Z2 would be a replacement for my S9 if it ever......died.

Nov 10, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #420 of 542
Quote:
the z2 ui runs alongside android 2.3 which in itself is coming up for 2yrs old. perhaps cowon should have stuck purely with their own ui

No doubt about that.....they should have stayed away from Wifi and Android and instead stuck to a music player, and maybe come up with a more usable UI. The menus on the iAudio 9 were absolutely maddening....I could pick up my D2 after a few weeks and operate it just fine, but the i9 was different altogether. I can only hope the other models are more usable than the i9 was. Too bad, because the i9 did certainly sound better than the old D2 did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back