COWON Z2 - The complete Review (from Izzi going)
Feb 22, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #151 of 542
So... is a Z2 worth it over the SGP 4.0?
(PS. When I get whichever one of these devices, I will be happy to do a thorough video review of it, just ask and you shall receive.

BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHICH ONE TO GET!

Feb 22, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #152 of 542
Quote:
I don't want to look like a fool next to my sister, who just bought an Ipod Touch.

Cowon J3, Z2 or SGP4.0, they are above the sound quality that come out from an ipod, but you need to have good earphones to match it. I am talking about sound quality, not apps and all the extra gadgets.

Feb 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #153 of 542
All of them sound great, it's just a matter of what features and ecosystem you want to be a part of. Especially since the iPod touch sounds just as good as any of these devices, considering the fact there are apps that have amazingly good eq's nowadays.

I've had the 64gb iPod touch, the Cowon J3, AND the SGP 5.0. All sound fantastic in their own right. The SGP 4.0 sounds (supposedly) better than the SGP 5.0 with the VooDoo kernel,...

Get the player that's right for you. But, I'd go Z2 myself. Cowon's signature sq on Android is killer!!!

Feb 22, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #154 of 542
thanks for the advice! 
L3000.gif

Feb 22, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #155 of 542
Just use your sister's ipod and you can save a few hundred dollars....
wink.gif

Personally I can't stand the sound from an ipod, that being said I never owned one personally to do a custom firmware.

But those Woflson DAC are hard to beat, eventually I'll empty my wallet for a Z2.

Feb 23, 2012 at 12:40 AM Post #156 of 542

Quote:
yea that fixed it
biggrin.gif
. thanks!. After i changed the settings to stay awake,  it doesn't disconnect when it goes to sleep now

won't it be smarter to get the z2 off exportprive because the total for me was $357. 

maybe your right, does export drive ship to Australia? if so, how much is the shipping, but im still figuring out weather i should buy the cowon z2 or sony walkman z... money isnt really a factor in this (less than $500 would be nice) hence the walkman z

Feb 23, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #158 of 542
I just receved my Cowon Z2, what an amazing device!
I read that there is already a root + Market crack: http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40423
Gonna try it this afternoon. Well i got a Iphone 4s, and the sound of the Cowon beats the iphone in every way.
The same album sounds pretty different, en much better on the cowon.. Only there are so much EQ settings, that it will take time
for i find the right setting :D (luxury problem :p)

Got mine from Exportprive too :)

(sorry for the bad English, really suck at writhing in english)

Feb 23, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #159 of 542
Is there any cons about the player as of yet? is the Battery life good on max/50% brightness, does the colours on the AMOLED screen look to bright/ washed out anything? im slowly leaning towards the Z2 for my new mp3 player

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:17 AM Post #160 of 542
Hi,

Does anyone have problem mounting their microSD card onto the cowon z2 (16gb) ??

I tried using
class 2 8GB & class 4 16GB (testing if my cowon z2's microSD card slot was working) but whenever it detects the microSD card, it will immediately remove it with a notification saying "sd card has been safety removed" ...

Is there a minimum requirement for the microSD card to work? 

p.s. since formatting the sd card using the Z2 wont work, I reformatted it with a window 7 to fat32..(for the 8gb) but I didnt work too..
however, the sd card is readable when I plug it into pc via the usb storage on z2.. the only problem is I cant seem to mount it :frowning2:

Any suggestion/help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #162 of 542
Hey Guys.

Im about to upgrade from my s9 to a Z2. I get paid on Wednesday!! Cant Wait to order it.

Quick question about the Maximum Size SD Card you can use with the Z2. Has anyone used a 64GB or 128GB in it yet? I believe I read somewhere recently that someone managed to get a 64Gb working on a j3 and a 128GB on a D2+...i think it was on Anything But Ipod.

Otherwise i will buy a 32Gb card with it.

Cheers.

Tyriall

Feb 23, 2012 at 10:34 AM Post #163 of 542

Quote:
Format it with the official SD formatter: https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/

Hi, thx for the quick reply, gotta try it now !

update: I've performed a quick format using the SD formatter however, it yields the same result when I try to mount the microSD card onto the cowon z2 :frowning2: I think my microSD card slot is faulty...

Feb 23, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #165 of 542

Quote:
Hi, thx for the quick reply, gotta try it now !

update: I've performed a quick format using the SD formatter however, it yields the same result when I try to mount the microSD card onto the cowon z2 :frowning2: I think my microSD card slot is faulty...

Quote:
have you tried formatting it outside of the device? I heard of similar issues on withe the D2

Hi all,

I managed to get it working , the trick is to patch it to 1.2.4 :) (I did a factory reset prior to that though).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back