COWON Z2 - The complete Review (from Izzi going)
Feb 20, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #137 of 542

That's great ! Thanks. Izzi was kind enough to try it too and he told me that it seemed
to work perfectly, but since he doesn't have an account he didn't know about the playlists
sync etc...

I'm dying to test it by myself, i will tell about the compatibility of the spotify app with
the Z2 on the forum when i receive my device, regarding to sound quality i've already
heard it on phones and it sounded terrible, i hope it won't with the cowon...

Feb 21, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #138 of 542
Hi guys, I have an urgent question for those who have the Z2:
when i turn on my player (when there's still the Z2's logo), I've noticed that a sound like a "tick" cames from the speaker... does your player do the same thing? is it normal?

Feb 21, 2012 at 10:02 AM Post #140 of 542

Quote:
Hi guys, I have an urgent question for those who have the Z2:
when i turn on my player (when there's still the Z2's logo), I've noticed that a sound like a "tick" cames from the speaker... does your player do the same thing? is it normal?

That happens on mine, it's very quiet though. I had to have it up to my ear to hear it.

Feb 21, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #141 of 542
hey guys i think there was a request for a size comparison earlier in the thread.  I dont know how useful this is anymore. The left is the Z2 the middle is the J3 and the right is the S9

Feb 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM Post #143 of 542
Lol I'm stuck between z2 and j3, I'm assuming the sound quality is the same? If otherwise please feel free to explain. Other than that portability is my major concern, I currently own an samsung galaxy s2 and it's pretty big and annoying to carry around when working out as one if my shorts is a bit dragged down by the weight and kind of uncomfortable. How does the Z2 feel being in a pocket for both shorts and jeans? And j3 as well.

Thanks!

Feb 21, 2012 at 11:55 PM Post #144 of 542
im wondering is there a way to make it always stay on since when i connect it to the computer i can only have it set to a max of 30 min before it shuts off by itself.  Once the screen goes which is whatever i set it in the options the player disconnects itself from the computer until i turn it on again.  is there a way to correct this?

Feb 22, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #145 of 542

Quote:
im wondering is there a way to make it always stay on since when i connect it to the computer i can only have it set to a max of 30 min before it shuts off by itself.  Once the screen goes which is whatever i set it in the options the player disconnects itself from the computer until i turn it on again.  is there a way to correct this?

Settings > Applications > Developement > Stay Awake.

Screen will not turn off if the ac or usb cables are connected.

Strange that it disconnects on sleep, mine stays connected.

Feb 22, 2012 at 4:41 AM Post #146 of 542

Hey guys, First post ever

I am thinking about buying a Sony walkman z 32gb ($480) or a Cowon z2 32gb ($400) on ebay, im still debating on which one to get, both look really nice, im am currently using a Crappy ipod nano 4th gen with sennheiser cx300ii earbuds. 
please help me out and if exxplain to me whihc one is better and why :) 
thanks everyone, have a nice day :)

Feb 22, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #147 of 542

Quote:

I am thinking about buying a Sony walkman z 32gb ($480) or a Cowon z2 32gb ($400) on ebay, im still debating on which one to get, both look really nice, im am currently using a Crappy ipod nano 4th gen with sennheiser cx300ii earbuds. 

The cowon has a micro SD slot on top of the 32gb and given the price of 32gb Class 10 cards, a Z2 with 64gb of storage would still come in cheaper than the Sony...

Feb 22, 2012 at 6:56 AM Post #148 of 542

Quote:
The cowon has a micro SD slot on top of the 32gb and given the price of 32gb Class 10 cards, a Z2 with 64gb of storage would still come in cheaper than the Sony...

If one is really counting their dollars, then they would  not bother with a class 10 32GB card, and just buy a class 4. There's no difference in playback ability, and the only way the extra speed of the class 10 comes into play is if you remove it from the DAP and use a dedicated card reader to load the card.

Feb 22, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #149 of 542

Quote:
Settings > Applications > Developement > Stay Awake.

Screen will not turn off if the ac or usb cables are connected.

Strange that it disconnects on sleep, mine stays connected.

yea that fixed it
biggrin.gif
. thanks!. After i changed the settings to stay awake,  it doesn't disconnect when it goes to sleep now

Quote:

won't it be smarter to get the z2 off exportprive because the total for me was $357. 

Feb 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM Post #150 of 542
Hi everyone - I'm on the verge of buying either a SGP4.0 or a Z2. First I thought I was definitely going to buy a J3, but why not get a 4 INCH SAMSUNG ANDROID DEVICE for the same price? So I've narrowed it down to these two. But when I buy one of them, I don't want to look like a fool next to my sister, who just bought an Ipod Touch. So pretty much my budget is $200 or less.
So what I'm asking is: Where are you guys buying your Z2s from? How much are they? (I only need 8Gb) Is it really worth buying a Z2 over a SGP4.0 is its over $50 more? I want a Cowon, but there so %&#( expensive!

There will never be a time when I will find myself buying any 8 GB device for over $200. Thats absurd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back