COWON Z2 - The complete Review (from Izzi going)
Feb 9, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #61 of 542
Just because there's no app market, there's no reason you can't download apps on your computer and move them to the Z2 manually, is there?  It doesn't have 3G/4G, so the only way the app store would be useful is if you were someplace that had an open wifi connection.

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #62 of 542

Quote:
That's clear !!! Forget about Androïd Market with Z2, No way !!!

Finally I won't buy it ... A beautiful swindle 
very_evil_smiley.gif

You might want to read up on how these things work 
wink.gif

1) There is is no market access - YET. There was no market access for the D3 as well, but look here: http://anythingbutipod.com/2011/03/android-market-hack-for-the-cowon-d3/ - Don't worry, the Z2 will get it as well as soon as they start becoming more widely available. 

2) You can manually install apps on Android devices, you don't need the market. I can install apps on my Nexus S, then use Appsaver to extract the .apk install files. Those files just need to be copied to the Z2 (like when you copy your music files to it) where I can use a file manager app to install them manually. There is no hacking, rooting or jailbreaking needed for this approach. It's not an Apple device, you're allowed to use it as you like. If any Z2 owners want to try this approach, please PM me as I have an app I'd love for you to try on the Z2.

Feb 10, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #65 of 542

Quote:
Just because there's no app market, there's no reason you can't download apps on your computer and move them to the Z2 manually, is there?  It doesn't have 3G/4G, so the only way the app store would be useful is if you were someplace that had an open wifi connection.

Hey,

I tried to download the APPS from the Android Market and it always connected me to my SAMSUNG mobile...How can I download the APPS to my computer? The 'Sign in' send me directly to my mobile...
?
Cheers
Izzi

Feb 10, 2012 at 8:11 AM Post #66 of 542
Amazon has an app store, unless I'm mistaken (which is possible, I don't actually have an Android device yet, this is just what I've heard elsewhere), you can use it to download the .apk files to your computer and put them on any device you want (Z2 included),

Feb 10, 2012 at 8:14 AM Post #67 of 542
You'll need the market app on your Z2 for it to be registered to your Google account first - You'll have to wait for somebody to get the Market onto the Z2.

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #70 of 542
I just did a screencast of PowerAmp running on my Nexus S. And yes, this app runs on the Z2, but you will have to side load it yourself as I described earlier.
smile.gif

Feb 11, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #71 of 542
Hey again!

I loaded this video, that you can watch yourself, that the Z2 works and the performance is good. The sound and video quality of this video are not good (not of the Z2... ha ha). It's only for reference.
If I can summit it after few days of using the Z2, I can only say it was a great choice to buy it and not the Sony Z1070. The only problem I see at the moment, and that will be solved probably soon in this forum or in an update from Cowon is that the Z2 has no 'Androind market', but I am positive sure it will come soon in the next weeks...

So, enjoy it and I promise to make a better quality video and sound, that you could see the featuers better...

Cheers and feel free to ask some questions..

Izzi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MCCI3jcEBQ&feature=youtu.be

Feb 11, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #75 of 542
Izzi, I bought one and it arrived today but I'm having a little bit of trouble in that it's only reading the tags for the first half or so of the music I put on there (starting at O, it doesn't read any of the tags).  The rest is still on the hard drive and playable if I go in by folder, but can't sort by artist/album/etc.  Did you have any problems like this?  Or does anyone more familiar with android than myself know why this might be the case and how to fix it?  It could always be user error, but I need to know what error I'm making if I need to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back