COWON Z2 - The complete Review (from Izzi going)
Feb 9, 2012 at 2:11 AM Post #46 of 542

Quote:
Here's a picture from the Cowon Korea website listing the video codecs the Z2 will play, and RMVB isn't one of them:

No worries, here's a link to the Android market for apps supporting RMVB: https://market.android.com/search?q=RMVB&c=apps

Just get one of those and you're done. THIS is why I want an Android PMP! 
beerchug.gif

Feb 9, 2012 at 1:10 PM Post #48 of 542

Quote:
Hi there ! I'm brand new ...

Question : Is it possible to use Androïd Market with Cowon Z2 or no way !?

There was a hack for the D3 and I'm sure there will be one for the Z2 as well. I know I'll be doing my best to root it and get the market onto it. Just for the hell of it! 

I've got PowerAmp on my Nexus S and it's an awesome player - I'll be sure to load it onto my Z2.

Feb 9, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #50 of 542

Quote:
Ok but that's not a 100% sure !!! 
rolleyes.gif

A Z2 without Androïd Market is cheap and not a good value at all.

I don't agree with you on that last one, but you're right there's no guarantee we'll get the Android Market running on it. Check out the Sony NW-Z1070 it comes with 64gb of storage and has access to the Android Market.

Feb 9, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #51 of 542

Quote:

I'm curious on how you can update the Z2. Can you download the update OTA (over-the-air) with the Z2 itself through wi-fi? Or do you have to download the update from Cowon's site and copy it on the player?

Do you have any idea about the Korean apps that stay in Korean? Are they useful or not? Thanks again!

Hey
You need to update the Z2 directly from their internet site and then copy to the Z2 and there is a place where you need to turn on to update it. Took me around 2 Minutes to do it. There is maybe an option for it directly on the Z2, but as far as I concernd I have the korean version and some apps are still in korean, even that I change everything to english...I tried the korean apps, cannot understand a word ;( No english at all. Unfortunately I don't see an android market on the Z2 except this OLLE apps in koren, which is probably the only option to download some apps...I still try to figure it out, how to get an android market on my Z2...Any ideas??

Feb 9, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #55 of 542

Quote:
Hey Izzi, thank you for the great review!
Are you using the Z2 with Windows OS, or Mac OS? I'm using Mac OS and I've read that there are problems with the J3 and Mac OS.
I'm looking to upgrade my iPod Touch (sound-wise it's not to my liking, but I love the touch screen and internet browsing) and iPod Video (not a fan of the click-wheel scrolling and the battery life is only ~2.5 hours)...I think the Z2 might just be it! Your review makes the Z2 sound really promising as I was originally looking at the J3 (until I heard about the Mac OS problems) or the D2 (until I heard about its sluggish performance).
How is the battery life on the Z2? I think the J3 will have the upper-hand on the battery life, but anything more than 12 hours of regular usage is really, quite plenty for me.
One last question...what color did you get?
biggrin.gif

Hi!

Thank you. I am doing my best to support you guys.
I have windows 7 and have no idea about the MAC, sorry.
Well, the battery life is ok, but concider the fact that it's like a smartphone you will probably get the 20 Hours Music listening, as they wrote, but no chance for it, when you use other applications. Same as every 'smartphone'.
I got the black color :wink:

Cheers
Welcome to HEAD FI, I'm also new here...

Feb 9, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #56 of 542
The Olle market is an alternative market like Amazon's App store, but everything will be in Korean. The Korean apps on the Z2 are preloaded from Cowon and are only available in Korean. When I get a Z2 I'll find a way to root it and get rid of them. I just want to try PowerAmp on the Z2 - if I can get that working I'll be happy.

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #57 of 542

Quote:
No worries, here's a link to the Android market for apps supporting RMVB: https://market.android.com/search?q=RMVB&c=apps

Just get one of those and you're done. THIS is why I want an Android PMP! 
beerchug.gif

Yes but it is not 100% sure that the Z2 can play rmvb smoothly until it's tested, I have seen older players that lags massively due to incompatible hardware.

Feb 9, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #58 of 542

Quote:

Yes but it is not 100% sure that the Z2 can play rmvb smoothly until it's tested, I have seen older players that lags massively due to incompatible hardware.

Hey
There is no way now to download any APPs to the Z2. It has no Androis Market and on this site above (https://market.android.com/search?q=RMVB&c=apps) you must to register and when I am doing it, it doesn't give me any option to download, since the registration is allready on my Samsung mobile...any ideas?

Feb 9, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #60 of 542

Quote:
That's clear !!! Forget about Androïd Market with Z2, No way !!!

Finally I won't buy it ... A beautiful swindle 
very_evil_smiley.gif

When it gets rooted the Android Market will be usable on the device, There is no swindle,...it's just how it is ATM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back