COWON Z2 - The complete Review (from Izzi going)
Feb 6, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #16 of 542
Thanks for the review izzi going!

A fellow iAudiophile user has some questions I will post for him here:

- Is the contrast fixed for the video app? Look at this thread for details: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62524
- Do the media buttons sometimes double press when you release them?
- Can you make playlists in the music app?

I have one too: can you please report back about the battery life? Let's say if someone who has 320 kpbs mp3 files, uses jeteffects and a customized EQ, can you reach the 22 hour-mark?

If you can make a video, that would be nice as well.

After reading your post, I'm VERY tempted to get this!

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #17 of 542
Any Android app that plays music and does playlists will work on the Z2. It's just like an Android phone. I use PowerAMP to do it all the time, and the app is compatible with the Z2. There's bound to be others, and there are plenty of good quality choices available to you.

Finally, Cowon did Andriod RIGHT!

Feb 6, 2012 at 6:45 PM Post #18 of 542
Is the Z2 slimmer than the J3? or otherwise?
Battery life?
Is there a line-out?
Is there a casing and screen protector that comes with the Z2?

Feb 6, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #20 of 542
Thanks for your impressions!But,excuse me,are you sure that is a line-out jack rather than a normal video-out jack?

Cowon usually has video-out jack on there products.But still,thanks for your impressions again!

Cowon's products always make me amazed than other companies!

Feb 7, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #22 of 542
I'm in Korea and saw the J3 models on sale last week with the 4gb model at ~140,000 krw ($125. No tax, came with case). I was about to buy either that or the Z2, but I couldn't find the Z2 sold in stores to test in person. Then I saw the D3 16gb model (non DMV. DMV was ~160,000 krw) priced at 109,000 krw at Lotte Mart in Busan. No sale placard, just the normal pricing card. Not the open display model. Should have bought it, but when I went there the next day, the sales rep said that Cowon recalled the D3. Thought the timing for the recall was weird/coincidental.

I looked for reviews on the Z2 and only found yours, so thank you for writing it :)

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #23 of 542
This is exciting news.  Just wondering, how will overall sound quality of Z2 be compared to J3?  Does anyone know what audio chip the new Z2 uses and if it the same as J3?  Right now listening to Ipod Classic 7th gen with Cirrus chip and it sounds mediocre with my Triple fi 10s.  Lot of bass distortion.  

If Z2 has equal audio quality to J3, I think it may be worth it for the Android interface.  Any thoughts?

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #25 of 542

Quote:
Dear izzi - 
have you ever used an iPod touch? if so, how does this compare? EX) sound quality, web browser, interface

Dear audio800!

Yes, I used few times the iPod touch (trying it by friends). The Cowon is wirking great as well as the APPLE in Internet (web Browser), interface and etc. The APPLE has a strong system inside, but you can never compare the sound quality between an APPLE to a COWON ones...Apple is far away from having COWON in all what's concerns the sound quality...

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #26 of 542

Quote:
This is exciting news.  Just wondering, how will overall sound quality of Z2 be compared to J3?  Does anyone know what audio chip the new Z2 uses and if it the same as J3?  Right now listening to Ipod Classic 7th gen with Cirrus chip and it sounds mediocre with my Triple fi 10s.  Lot of bass distortion.  

If Z2 has equal audio quality to J3, I think it may be worth it for the Android interface.  Any thoughts?

Hey,

I never try the J3, but I don't think that there is a differnet in the sound quality (as far as I read from Forums and etc.).
Cheers

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #28 of 542

Quote:
no lags like the D3?

No lags at all!
I must say something about it...why should be some lags? Why did Cowon made us so much troubles last time with the D3??
Well, I read once that APPLE has a very 'special' system to sell products..They first producing a very low budget product and when everybody are sad because of it they are coming with the greatest one after...they made it also few times with the IPOD in the past (few different generations). This marketing system 'stoled' and COWON uses it as well....they learnt the trick...they made the same with the S9 and the J3, the D3 and the Z2....The problem ist that everybody are now scared to buy the new Z2, even though he works fantastic, since they're scared of the D3 issues...I just realized, that if there is a new product, which is almost the same as the D3 it will be cirtainly 100% better...
I feel a bit sad that people stuck with their D3 and now always get excited that the Z2 works...It should ALWAYS work, when someone pays money for an hi-tech product, why shouldn't work? Even that I am so excited from the new Z2, I am still ashame for the D3...

Feb 7, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #29 of 542

Quote:
Thanks for your impressions!But,excuse me,are you sure that is a line-out jack rather than a normal video-out jack?

Cowon usually has video-out jack on there products.But still,thanks for your impressions again!

Cowon's products always make me amazed than other companies!

Hey
Thanks..
Well, I never wrote about the line out Jack before...just said now there is an HDMI, Mini USB and a normal small Headphones connection...oh yeh, and the micro SD slot is outside the unit...n need to open the back or something like that :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back