Cowon X7 this summer!
May 17, 2007 at 4:30 PM Post #19 of 380
Big mistake they made...not being able to play m4p(drm'd AAC files). You would think with the amount of coverage iTunes has, you would make a player that is capable of playing it....

You can bet iTunes is one of the reasons that other DAPs don't sell, cause you can't use it with iTunes.

That and I'm tired of not being able to transfer files to my other DAPs!!!

May 17, 2007 at 7:02 PM Post #20 of 380
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Big mistake they made...not being able to play m4p(drm'd AAC files). You would think with the amount of coverage iTunes has, you would make a player that is capable of playing it....

You can bet iTunes is one of the reasons that other DAPs don't sell, cause you can't use it with iTunes.

Yes, but isn't this the fault of Apple not licensing its DRM encryption to third-parties? My personal solution is to purchase only DRM-free music (thank you, eMusic), but I realize that's not much of a help where you're coming from...

I'm glad to hear that a new high-capacity music player will finally be rolling down Cowon's assembly lines, but also a fair bit skeptical that they'll make the right moves with it.

May 18, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #22 of 380
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed! they would have ton more cust., that don't like/ don't want or just would like to add 2nd to collection.

Aug 12, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #24 of 380
Well there is some news: http://mp3.generationmp3.com/2010/08/11/le-cowon-x7-refait-parler-de-lui/

It seems that it will have a 1,8' hdd, which is equal to large storage compared to our silicon storage companions. There is also some rumor about android as os too.

Aug 12, 2010 at 8:14 AM Post #26 of 380
I took a look on the bluetooth.org website, where generationmp3 gathered their info. It takes 2 - 3 months to release a product from the date of their listing, well for korea. This does not bother me,  just import it. The x7 could be released somwhere around the end of October.

Aug 12, 2010 at 10:35 AM Post #27 of 380
Great news!!! Hopefully it is true and use an Android firmware, too.
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back