Cowon X7 - pictures and first impressions
Jan 27, 2011 at 3:29 AM Post #16 of 23
I have tried them both for two weeks, not at the same time though, so I couldn't do any A-B testing. Using the BBE hardcoded enhancements the X7 has a slightly more powerful sound with fuller sounding (lower) mids, this is only slightly but still quite noticeable with high end earphones.

Jan 27, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #17 of 23
How digital-sounding is the X7?  J3 is a bit much for my tastes, I don't even remember my old hotrodded Soundblaster being so digititis-ridden.  I like it best with EQ off and with my modded 7509HD.  The BBE+ is kind of nice but brings out how hot and dry the treble is.  Like a blazing desert up there, lol.

Jan 27, 2011 at 5:23 PM Post #18 of 23

Quote:
Wow..I'd never get a dap that huge. I wonder how the size is when compared to one of those ebook readers :p The J3 is about the largest I would want in length and width.

'Huge'?

I don't get that one. It's maybe 2cm longer and 1,5 wider than iPod, and it fits into any pocket. People are making too big a deal out of the size. Or wearing pants that are too tight to be healthy.

Jan 27, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #21 of 23
Enrico Palazzo,

Only mention on that hideous Cowon product page is the dreaded '44.1kHz' next to 'FLAC' - unacceptable if that is the case. How can we possibly live with mere CD quality in 2011 ? I'm going to set fire to myself if Cowon dont rectify this travesty immediately !

goodbye,
estreeter

Jan 27, 2011 at 10:46 PM Post #22 of 23
I'm pretty sure it can at least take 48kHz 16-bit FLAC like the J3.

Mar 1, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #23 of 23
Does it sound anything like the X5? If it is I'm in like flint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back