Cowon s9 review
Dec 31, 2008 at 6:36 PM Post #92 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Huxley /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No info on any cabling or other additions but i will keep an eye out, funny you should mention line out, it doesn't have a dedicated line out as such but it does have a line out folder and mentions it in the instructions so maybe they have a cable planned.

I have heard there will be LOD and that the cable is common in Asian markets, hopefully they won’t be hard for us to source or to DIY. Now to verify that the line out is better than the X5 and we’re in business ^_^

Jan 15, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #93 of 107
I am planning to buy the awesome s9 but 1 fact is bothering me ... I Have read that the TV out quality is not good bcoz it displays as per the player's resolution.. More Details on the Cowon S9 So does it mean I cant watch movies on the TV using the player just as a storage device specially in the hotel TV when I am travelling?

Jan 15, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #96 of 107
Damn, burnt my finger scrolling down my trackpad... (not)
Yeah, if you want to quote, remove picts from quote

Jan 16, 2009 at 6:30 AM Post #98 of 107
Sorry guys...

Its the first time I was posting so .. the whole thing comes by default and I forgot to delete it...

Anyways, does anyone know about the TV out quality of the S9?

Jan 16, 2009 at 7:38 AM Post #99 of 107
You can still delete it. I'm much happier with my mouse with its nice scroll wheel
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 2:16 PM Post #101 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by bidwan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am planning to buy the awesome s9 but 1 fact is bothering me ... I Have read that the TV out quality is not good bcoz it displays as per the player's resolution.. More Details on the Cowon S9 So does it mean I cant watch movies on the TV using the player just as a storage device specially in the hotel TV when I am travelling?

This might be a better place to ask this question...it's all about the S9:

Cowon S9 - iAudiophile.net Forums

Jan 17, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #103 of 107
Hello guys, I bought this wonderful player but I have a little problem:

At beginning everything was normal then (I don't know if I did something wrong) after that I edited the tags of songs on the PC and I put again songs on the player (overwriting old songs);
the problem is when I select the menu and go to choose songs and sort by Artist or Album the player show me the same album twice and the songs are splitted in the two album (some songs in one and some other songs in the other album)!

I tried everything (reset the player, delete the songs and put again, format the player and start from beginning) but now it does always in the same way!

Does anyone know why it happens?
What did I do wrong?

Please Help

Jan 17, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #104 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luca T /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello guys, I bought this wonderful player but I have a little problem:

At beginning everything was normal then (I don't know if I did something wrong) after that I edited the tags of songs on the PC and I put again songs on the player (overwriting old songs);
the problem is when I select the menu and go to choose songs and sort by Artist or Album the player show me the same album twice and the songs are splitted in the two album (some songs in one and some other songs in the other album)!

I tried everything (reset the player, delete the songs and put again, format the player and start from beginning) but now it does always in the same way!

Does anyone know why it happens?
What did I do wrong?

Please Help

It's most likely a tagging problem..

If it's mp3's make sure they have id3 v2.3 and nothing else, also make sure to delete any (album artist) and just keep (Artist).

If it's flac files...delete any id3 tags and just have flac tags.

You can use Mp3tag to tag. I also use dbpoweramp to tag and edit id tags.

Jan 17, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #105 of 107
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cowon_1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's most likely a tagging problem..

If it's mp3's make sure they have id3 v2.3 and nothing else, also make sure to delete any (album artist) and just keep (Artist).

If it's flac files...delete any id3 tags and just have flac tags.

You can use Mp3tag to tag. I also use dbpoweramp to tag and edit id tags.

I used Mp3tag as program to edit the files and the tag should be id3 v2.3, I will check everything again to be sure!

PS: the same problem like twin album appears even if I sort by artist (I mean it shows twice the same artist and it splits the songs some in one and some in the other)!

EDIT: I checked songs with mp3tag and as I told you songs were already in id3 v2.3 then just to try I used mp3tag again and I selected the songs and just saved again (without modify anything I've just clicked "save") and now it works normally! It's quite strange!
Anyway thanks a lot!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back