Cowon S9 - Only the best - With Pictures and Videos!!
Dec 18, 2008 at 11:36 PM Post #47 of 136
You have a choice.

Take the red pill and you have great sound but no internet.

Take the blue pill you have good sound, the app store and the internet.

Which will you take?

I'll stick with my Ipod thanks!

Dec 19, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #49 of 136
Quote:

Originally Posted by LostPhil /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I take back most of what I said about WiFi, I've just seen a good post on anythingbutipod's forums with reasons why someone likes WiFi, internet browsing not being one of them. So I can see the use now but I'd still like to see justification rather than "it hasn't got WiFi, therefore it's useless".

Why put in a feature just because a competitor has done without any thought into why they need it? I hope you see where I'm coming from.

You just made me search for that post! If it's the one I found, then yes I see other uses besides just web browsing. As for why Cowon didn't add WiFi - who knows. Maybe they weren't even thinking about trying to compete with the Touch, or maybe it would have been too expensive to implement and would go beyond whatever price point they wanted. But, imo, one of the reasons why the Touch is selling is because of the WiFi. I agree that it's not critical for a DAP, but certainly falls within the "useful" category.

Dec 19, 2008 at 12:53 AM Post #50 of 136
I own an iphone for everyday/travel use, but for a dedicated DAP, I've had my eye on the S9 for a little bit now. But as mentioned before, think I'll wait until Feb for the 32GB model.

Dec 19, 2008 at 12:49 PM Post #54 of 136
Dec 19, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #55 of 136
Updated first page.

Dec 19, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #56 of 136
J&R in NYC has the S9 on pre-order for $219.99.

Dec 19, 2008 at 3:13 PM Post #57 of 136
If the 32GB comes out I think my Nano wil be for sale. Cowon makes some of the best sounding players out there. That matters to me first and foremost. gapless? meh

Dec 19, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #58 of 136
looks nice actually. finally!

as for sound: im not sure where you get the cowon sound that good. they are okay. for those that like their style and effects, then yeah they are the best. but for those of us who don't need fancy effects, they really are a very average sound.

Dec 19, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #60 of 136
Another Nut!, not to start a new thread I'll just post this here, as this seems to be the main S9 thread:

³×À̹ö ºñµð¿À :: »ýÈ°¿¡¼* Áö½Ä±îÁö, ¸ðµÎÀÇ µ¿¿µ»ó

Lucky man. I would hate to ruin a nice dap, why people feel compelled to do this
smily_headphones1.gif
Well we now know it's tough.

I plan to check one of these out, supposedly it sounds better than d2 (which I kinda thought sounded boring). In fact Advanced mp3 proclaims it the best they ever listened to, bar none
popcorn.gif
We'll see.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back