Cowon S9 now has gapless!!!
Jun 26, 2009 at 11:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 71

Warhawk

100+ Head-Fier
At least for certain codecs, mainly the lossless ones and ogg.

The only one I have tried was flac and it works flawless.
This is a beta firmware though(1.31b).
Hopefully with the full release mp3 will be supported as well, even though people have reported that the gap is shorter than before.

Thought I'd post since everyone is always wishing for gapless, and it finally came true through a firmware update on a premium player!
biggrin.gif

Jun 27, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #6 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Punnisher /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh man, what fantastic news. I almost jumped out of my seat and choked on my food!

I saw this and almost jumped as well. That's great that Cowon are continuing to add functionality and bugfix with regular firmware releases. Gapless will be lovely. I might wait till the firmware is out of beta and into production though.

Jun 27, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #10 of 71
Well, my Japanese Sony X series is gapless. Big deal. Cowon hasn't supported gapless on any player before (I owned one of the old ones awhile back), so this is a bit late to the game. Sony had it and still does ... just not outside of Japan anymore.

Jun 27, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #11 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by FenderP /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, my Japanese Sony X series is gapless. Big deal. Cowon hasn't supported gapless on any player before (I owned one of the old ones awhile back), so this is a bit late to the game. Sony had it and still does ... just not outside of Japan anymore.

...Thus Cowon wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back