Cowon Plenue R - All Round Player
Jun 28, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #241 of 448
Is there a way to disable the lyrics in plenue R, on some songs
i have a lyrics icon on top of the album art
i dont use lyrics and want that lyrics icon away.
I have to many songs that have lyrics tagged so it show up
i looked in settings in plenue R could not find a settings to disable lyric icon ?

Jul 13, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #242 of 448
Hi guys,

Does anyone know if the Plenue R would recognise a 400GB micro SD? I know it states up to 256GB but I was wondering if any one had success with an SD larger than 256.

Thanks guys

Jul 20, 2018 at 4:52 PM Post #244 of 448
With any Cowon, you stick to their published limit on the microsd capacity. Higher capacity cards will load up and appear to work, but any files beyond the specified limit will not be playable.

Given that high capacity cards have been around since the Plenue D, don't expect firmware to increase the microsd limit in the future.

Jul 21, 2018 at 8:28 PM Post #245 of 448
With any Cowon, you stick to their published limit on the microsd capacity. Higher capacity cards will load up and appear to work, but any files beyond the specified limit will not be playable.

Given that high capacity cards have been around since the Plenue D, don't expect firmware to increase the microsd limit in the future.

Damn... Okay will stick to 256, thanks for the advice.

I've actually tried contacting them however haven't heard back. That was about a week ago.

Jul 28, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #246 of 448
Does anyone know why the volume is barely audible when I try to listen with headphones? (HD 800S in this case)
I put headphone mode on and I can barely hear my music.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jul 28, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #247 of 448
Does anyone know why the volume is barely audible when I try to listen with headphones? (HD 800S in this case)

Is there a “hearing protection mode” under settings? I haven’t got my Plenue R handy to check but Cowon have brought it in on recent firmware updates to the V and P2. It’s basically putting in place the EU volume cap, but you can turn it off under settings.

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:47 AM Post #248 of 448
Is there a “hearing protection mode” under settings? I haven’t got my Plenue R handy to check but Cowon have brought it in on recent firmware updates to the V and P2. It’s basically putting in place the EU volume cap, but you can turn it off under settings.

I don't see this mode under settings.

Jul 30, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #249 of 448
I don't see this mode under settings.
Okay, you didn’t choose EU for the region setting did you? There’s a hearing protection requirement for players in the EU that they won’t go over a particular volume. Try reselecting the language (I presume you’ve chosen English) then select non-EU.

Jul 30, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #250 of 448

I am seeing your 800S as 300 ohm impedance on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD-800-Reference-Headphone/dp/B00PXLX2TC

I don't think the R can drive those, but you may want to look at the specs, or talk to Cowon to confirm.

If not, you would have to use the optical out to an external amp and/or DAC/AMP combo.

Aug 12, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #251 of 448
Does anyone know why the volume doesn't audibly increase after 90/140?
I'm driving it with the Atlas and it needs more volume for certain recordings.

Thanks!

Aug 16, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #252 of 448
Thanks for the reviews and all the comments! It looks like a good value.

There are some questions I have that always seem to get left out of reviews though...

1- How do you import playlists?
2- Is the “shuffle” mode random or repetitive?
3- Could anyone post a side by side with an iPod classic for size reference?

And something specific too:

4- Can anyone see if the Bluetooth will work with an Oppo HA-1?

Aug 19, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #253 of 448
I'm at a loss here... The instructions on the COWON FAQ page make no sense and require the installation of third-party software. I highly doubt that's the best (only) way to import a playlist. You guys who also own an R; how do you export playlists from your PC and then import them to the R? This is a critical function. I have to believe there's a way that doesn't involve Jet Audio (which I can't get working either).

Aug 19, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #254 of 448
I know the specs say 256gb, i have some 200gb cards to take out of some other daps, wondering if i have to format to fat32 or can i stay with exFat format? I really hope for the latter, as i have a unit coming this week, and i'd hate to have format and load the music back on.

Aug 19, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #255 of 448
I purchased a 256GB PNY micro SD and I plugged it right in and it worked. I double checked to see what the format was and it was exFat. You should be OK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back