Cowon PLENUE M2 (Current Firmware and Manual Links in 1st post)
Mar 23, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #259 of 545
Thanks a lot Rick, I ordered the PM2 case from ebay, the seller you suggested, and at least so far it all went swimmingly. But the price has now gone up to $64.50
So, hopefully when Amazon delivers my new Cowon Plenue M2 and I get my case from Korea, I will be all ready for some great sounding tunes for exercise.
I am thankful to you helpful guys on this forum,
God Bless,
Wayne

Mar 27, 2017 at 10:33 AM Post #260 of 545
I wonder can someone with a Plenue M2 help me? I have a Plenue 1 (original), and am considering changing / upgrading. One thing that intrigues me about the newer Cowon players is the "Multibutton" on the front, but it's very difficult to find out what this button can do - even the downloadable manuals don't really specify.

For example, can the button call up the landscape album art view? I think I would find that useful, rather than rotating the player, which does not always work.

While the P2 looks interesting, it is a significant price, approx twice that of the PM2. I'll have to wait for the reviews to see if sound differs much between PM2, P2, and PS. All have different DACs and amplifiers, but I don't know what the real world differences will be.

Mar 27, 2017 at 12:57 PM Post #261 of 545
I wonder can someone with a Plenue M2 help me? I have a Plenue 1 (original), and am considering changing / upgrading. One thing that intrigues me about the newer Cowon players is the "Multibutton" on the front, but it's very difficult to find out what this button can do - even the downloadable manuals don't really specify.

For example, can the button call up the landscape album art view? I think I would find that useful, rather than rotating the player, which does not always work.

While the P2 looks interesting, it is a significant price, approx twice that of the PM2. I'll have to wait for the reviews to see if sound differs much between PM2, P2, and PS. All have different DACs and amplifiers, but I don't know what the real world differences will be.

The multi button can access Music Play screen, browser or settings menu. See pic:

Mar 27, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #263 of 545
Thanks. Very helpful. 

Can I ask what exactly "Browser" does? Is that the album art browser (landscape mode), or does it simply drop you back to the top level navigation?

Takes you back one level to the song browser, e.g. if you were playing an album it would take you back to that albums song list. Quite useful, would like it if they added double click and long press function - possible with future firmware update.

Btw, even with the P2, I think the M2 is best value of the lot (other than the D). Will not bother with another unless its a significantly improved D.

Mar 27, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #264 of 545
Thanks. Clears that up.

I agree with your point about the PM2 being the best value. I suspect there is probably little enough difference between the various Plenues in terms of sound quality. As I already have a P1 (for over 2 years), it's probably hard for me to justify changing to another. It's the small things that get you though- I find the flap that covers the microUSB socket highly irritating, way out of proportion to its actual significance.

The Plenue series compete very little on specs with each other - they share the same software and UI, battery life, storage options, and (with the exception of the P2) form factor.

Apr 1, 2017 at 8:09 AM Post #265 of 545
s0uthpaw, 
Funny you mention that flap, the P1 flap is the reason I bought the M2 instead of the P1.  It just looked like a ridiculously bad idea for a hole you need to get to every day.
I just today rec'd my official Cowon leather cover for the M2 and WOW it looks sharp!!!  Class all the way.
I bought it on ebay from the Korean outfit selling it, and recommended by Rick here on the previous page.
Fast service, no nonsense, great stuff.  Got to me from Korea to Thailand in very reasonable time, and I love the case.
Can't wait for my M2 to get to me from Amazon, well Amazon got it to California to my freight forwarder already, so just waiting on them to ship it overseas to me.
Excited.
God Bless,
Wayne

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:04 AM Post #267 of 545
  s0uthpaw, 
Funny you mention that flap, the P1 flap is the reason I bought the M2 instead of the P1.  It just looked like a ridiculously bad idea for a hole you need to get to every day.
I just today rec'd my official Cowon leather cover for the M2 and WOW it looks sharp!!!  Class all the way.
I bought it on ebay from the Korean outfit selling it, and recommended by Rick here on the previous page.
Fast service, no nonsense, great stuff.  Got to me from Korea to Thailand in very reasonable time, and I love the case.
Can't wait for my M2 to get to me from Amazon, well Amazon got it to California to my freight forwarder already, so just waiting on them to ship it overseas to me.
Excited.
God Bless,
Wayne

And don't be shy to dig in to Jet Effects straight away - that's what Cowon is all about. No player in my arsenal can touch PM2, it's that good.

Apr 2, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #268 of 545
Thanks Soundtrap!!!
I am an audiophile so any  EQ is a no no for me, I must play my music pure and unadulterated!!!
HA HA
Sorry, Joking, I am a confessed Bass head, and my ears are not golden, so I guess I am not an audiophile after all.  My current setup with iBasso DX90 and EarTech Music Quad ciems is lacking in bass.  For my taste.  So I am looking forward to seeing what the P M2 does with bass and IF not satisfactory to me then I hope to play with the EQ to boost it.
Can anybody tell me what the first thing to try for increased bass?  Only bass.  I have mids and treble in spades.
Can't wait to get it.
Thanks and God Bless,
Wayne

Apr 2, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #269 of 545
Thanks Soundtrap!!!
I am an audiophile so any  EQ is a no no for me, I must play my music pure and unadulterated!!!
HA HA
Sorry, Joking, I am a confessed Bass head, and my ears are not golden, so I guess I am not an audiophile after all.  My current setup with iBasso DX90 and EarTech Music Quad ciems is lacking in bass.  For my taste.  So I am looking forward to seeing what the P M2 does with bass and IF not satisfactory to me then I hope to play with the EQ to boost it.
Can anybody tell me what the first thing to try for increased bass?  Only bass.  I have mids and treble in spades.
Can't wait to get it.
Thanks and God Bless,
Wayne

Mach3 bass setting and the low end eq. You won't believe how much bass you can add without distortion.

Apr 2, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #270 of 545
Im a Audiophile Basshead. Machbass is insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back