Cowon Plenue M
May 9, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #181 of 203
I came from the Plenue D thread here to ask. I like the D a lot. I like more EQ features and more clarity that I hear about in the higher models. I can't decide on the M or P1. What is the major difference in sound between these two? I read the M is a downgrade? I know all the other features but outside of that I can't decide why the M exists with more features and better battery life over the P1 if it's a downgrade? I see the M has more user savable settings also which is nice also. I also like the onkyo dp-x1, and X7 from what I read but they seem riddled with problems. Any advise?

Thank you.
The M is great and having the P1, M and PD the M and P1 both have a wider sound stage and the P1 and M sounds pretty close. The M is slighty smaller. The PD has its great battery and its size going for it.

May 9, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #182 of 203
The M is great and having the P1, M and PD the M and P1 both have a wider sound stage and the P1 and M sounds pretty close. The M is slighty smaller. The PD has its great battery and its size going for it.

I concur. Pd has its use as a super portable long lasting player, but the M has better sq. Larger sound stage, more eq settings etc. M is slightly more portable than the P1 but close in sq afaik.

Sep 9, 2016 at 2:31 AM Post #183 of 203
I concur. Pd has its use as a super portable long lasting player, but the M has better sq. Larger sound stage, more eq settings etc. M is slightly more portable than the P1 but close in sq afaik.

Yep! I concur.
Only drawback is the below average battery life...Guess I'll have to buy one of those battery packs sometime in the future :D

Sep 9, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #184 of 203
Yep! I concur.
Only drawback is the below average battery life...Guess I'll have to buy one of those battery packs sometime in the future :D
Or buy an M2 for back up.

Oct 4, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #186 of 203
Oct 11, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #188 of 203
Has anybody paired the M with the Audeze Sines yet? I'm keen to know if the M has enough power to bring out everything the Sines have to offer. Also, whether the bass is still acceptable in the Sines. I currently use the NAD HP50s as my day-to-day phones but, whilst I love their sound sig, I really don't like the shape.
I will hopefully get to audition the Sines in the next couple of weeks but I'm just trying to get some prep work done in the meantime...
Grateful for any opinions here. 

Oct 11, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #189 of 203
Has anybody paired the M with the Audeze Sines yet? I'm keen to know if the M has enough power to bring out everything the Sines have to offer. Also, whether the bass is still acceptable in the Sines. I currently use the NAD HP50s as my day-to-day phones but, whilst I love their sound sig, I really don't like the shape.
I will hopefully get to audition the Sines in the next couple of weeks but I'm just trying to get some prep work done in the meantime...
Grateful for any opinions here. 
It had more than the AK240.

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #190 of 203
That doesn't really answer my question though. Are you saying that the AK240 can manage the Sines (and therefore the M should cope even better)?

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:07 AM Post #191 of 203
That doesn't really answer my question though. Are you saying that the AK240 can manage the Sines (and therefore the M should cope even better)?
I am saying the M has more power than the 240. If the M cant then most daps cant. I have not tried that NEW iem but I did try or owned every top (> $500 ) iem.

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:36 AM Post #192 of 203
Sorry, I should have been clearer, I actually meant the Sine on-ear (not the iSines). I basing my concern on the fact that a reviewer who uses them with an iPhone 6S stated they needed amping to reach their full potential. I'm hoping the M would have the necessary grunt to make them sing and also improve the Sines bass response via the BBS settings.

Oct 11, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #193 of 203
Sorry, I should have been clearer, I actually meant the Sine on-ear (not the iSines). I basing my concern on the fact that a reviewer who uses them with an iPhone 6S stated they needed amping to reach their full potential. I'm hoping the M would have the necessary grunt to make them sing and also improve the Sines bass response via the BBS settings.
oo I only use iems.

Dec 21, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #194 of 203
Did anyone notice the latest FW update on 21-Nov? V1.18. Nothing major as far as I can see but I know that Cowon are usually pretty tight-lipped about any changes to performance.

Dec 22, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #195 of 203
  I came from the Plenue D thread here to ask. I like the D a lot. I like more EQ features and more clarity that I hear about in the higher models. I can't decide on the M or P1. What is the major difference in sound between these two? I read the M is a downgrade? I know all the other features but outside of that I can't decide why the M exists with more features and better battery life over the P1 if it's a downgrade? I see the M has more user savable settings also which is nice also. I also like the onkyo dp-x1, and X7 from what I read but they seem riddled with problems. Any advise?

Thank you.

I am also curious about these two units (the Plenue 1 and the M). I have a pair of HD600 sennheisers, and I was wondering which which be better for it? I bought a Sony A17 which has incredible sound, but it just can't drive these headphones. I'd rather not have to buy an amp, if possible. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back