Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further.
Sep 18, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #676 of 1,024
I understand where you are coming from. The andromeda is great from what I have read and heard from others. So I know you would hear a difference if it was there. Please don't think I was trying to say you have bad hearing. Even if you did it wouldn't matter to me. You love music and that is cool with me. As long as we all keep talking and listening I am happy. Have a good one!

Sep 18, 2017 at 1:02 PM Post #677 of 1,024
Weather it's a combination or one or the other, when I plug my Andromeda into the P1 (Single Ended) the Andromeda sound less wide and deep. When I plug it into the P2 (Balanced) the Andromeda take on a whole different personality. I can hear an ant fart so I can tell a difference.

Sep 18, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #678 of 1,024
Plenue 2 is a great player and I just wanted to say that the sound quality from SE and balanced output is excellent to me.I could hear the difference in other players like AK Kann or DX200 because they have more power on balanced . In Plenue 2 the difference might be more subtle and in my case swaping cables didn't help to determine the difference and no worries I didn't think you said I have bad hearing :wink:
You are nice person and I like reading your posts and it's always nice to share experience on this forum.

Sep 18, 2017 at 11:57 PM Post #679 of 1,024

I'm waiting on a balanced cable for my Beyerdynamic T1 2nd Gen (600 Ohms) so I can't speak about that pairing, but SE, I listen to the @ 80 - 100 / 140.

Balanced cable for T1s came today -- slightly louder, maybe 70-90/140 vs numbers listed above for SE. SQ about the same, but somewhat more open & airy. Still more intimate compared with HE-560s.

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #683 of 1,024
And about sound Quality?

I own and enjoy both.

Initially, I found the soundstage of the x5iii lacked depth. I picked up a CypherLabs AlgoRhythm Duet to stack with the x5. Now they are very close to identical. Pretty sure I would fail to distinguish between them blind A/B except for a few tracks. Only notable diff is a slight amount of warmth from the x5. But it's so subtle that it's very hard to hear. Maaayyyyybbbbeeee enough that I slightly prefer my Beyer T1 2nd gen out of the x5. Otherwise, tonality, detail, slam too close to call. Maybe prefer P2 on this track and x5 on that one. But I really can't make a call between the two rigs.

I just wish I could get external (m3u) playlists to work on the P2. And I really enjoy 512Gb of space on the x5.

BTW, all these comparisons are based on balanced output.

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #684 of 1,024
I own and enjoy both.

Initially, I found the soundstage of the x5iii lacked depth. I picked up a CypherLabs AlgoRhythm Duet to stack with the x5. Now they are very close to identical. Pretty sure I would fail to distinguish between them blind A/B except for a few tracks. Only notable diff is a slight amount of warmth from the x5. But it's so subtle that it's very hard to hear. Maaayyyyybbbbeeee enough that I slightly prefer my Beyer T1 2nd gen out of the x5. Otherwise, tonality, detail, slam too close to call. Maybe prefer P2 on this track and x5 on that one. But I really can't make a call between the two rigs.

I just wish I could get external (m3u) playlists to work on the P2. And I really enjoy 512Gb of space on the x5.

BTW, all these comparisons are based on balanced output.

Your answer compare : "X5 + CypherLabs AlgoRhythm" AND "Cowon P2 alone" ?
Without stack (X5 + CypherLabs AlgoRhythm), P2 is really better than X5 ?

Thanks

Sep 24, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #685 of 1,024
Oct 3, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #686 of 1,024
Hello
Two questions :
- is there a benefit of removing the european volume limitation if I use the Plenue 2 only with IEMs (togo334) ?
- if yes, how to remove it ? :wink:

Oct 4, 2017 at 12:17 AM Post #687 of 1,024
Hello
Two questions :
- is there a benefit of removing the european volume limitation if I use the Plenue 2 only with IEMs (togo334) ?
- if yes, how to remove it ? :wink:

I don't think the Plenue 2's European version has got a volume limitation, does it?
Are you probably mixing things up with Sony devices where this exists indeed?

Oct 4, 2017 at 1:11 AM Post #688 of 1,024
I don't think the Plenue 2's European version has got a volume limitation, does it?
Are you probably mixing things up with Sony devices where this exists indeed?
When the volume setting reaches 60, it shows a warning message. But I don't know if this is linked with a limitation (european 1 to 100 volume being lower than elsewhere ?) ?...

Oct 4, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #689 of 1,024
When the volume setting reaches 60, it shows a warning message. But I don't know if this is linked with a limitation (european 1 to 100 volume being lower than elsewhere ?) ?...

Ah, yes, no, that's just a warning message but not linked to any limitation. It would be very new to me to see a volume limitation implemented to European Cowon devices.

Oct 4, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #690 of 1,024
Ah, yes, no, that's just a warning message but not linked to any limitation. It would be very new to me to see a volume limitation implemented to European Cowon devices.
I think I red somewhere that there is one for the Plenue D (I asked the same question on Plenue D topic)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back