Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further.
Oct 10, 2021 at 12:35 PM Post #1,007 of 1,024
Nov 26, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #1,010 of 1,024
Good Morning,

For some reason, my Plenue 2 no longer shows up on my iMac or MacBook when I plug it in. The light turns on, showing that the unit is receiving power from the computer, but the icon never shows up, so I can't add music to it. Any ideas about how to fix this?

Thanks!

Nov 26, 2021 at 7:38 PM Post #1,011 of 1,024
Hmm, I've never had that happen on the various Plenues I've owned.

May sound like a stupid question, but was it fully decharged when you plugged it in, and you leave it charging for a while? (i.e. just to exclude the possibility it needed enough recharge to wake up again).

Another option is to try a different cable - I have one cable that is specifically charging only - i.e. it's missing the connections to transfer data. It's handy for a Plenue as it means I can charge from computer while listening at the same time (without the Plenue going into USB DAC/MSC mode). If you have a similar cable, then it will only charge without recognizing data transfer.

Alternatively I'd try to reset settings.

Dec 1, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #1,012 of 1,024
Does anyone know of a contact email/phone for Cowon for warranty support? I can’t find anything on their website. My volume wheel has gone funky and I can no longer turn down the volume.

Dec 4, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #1,013 of 1,024
@Gorf : Cowon calls it UCI User Customize Interface. I could could find some UCI at Cowon Korea or France websites but now I can't.

20211010_153924.jpg

If you are intrest, I can send you the music_UCI.swf file
How to Install :

1) COPY [ music_UCI.swf ] and PASTE [ System/FlashUI ] folder in Plenue.
2) SELECT player skin [ F type ] on Plenue.
Damn...I wish I had this before I sold mines off...I wanted some new UIs so bad......

Aug 22, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #1,017 of 1,024
Hello.
I understand that now this player is not quite relevant.
Well, can anyone come across with a battery replacement in this device?
where can i find it?

I never found one for mine, I also struggled trying to open it, ended up sending it to np audio and they made one up. Also had it converted to 4.4mm. Still use it now, great player.

Aug 22, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #1,018 of 1,024
Good Morning,

For some reason, my Plenue 2 no longer shows up on my iMac or MacBook when I plug it in. The light turns on, showing that the unit is receiving power from the computer, but the icon never shows up, so I can't add music to it. Any ideas about how to fix this?

Thanks!

Try a different cable, you may be using a charge only cable or one that doesn't quite reach far enough. The plenues need a long reach microusb cable. If it's the original cowon cable it may be damaged. Hopefully your plenue socket is OK

p.s. i'm guessing you've tried different usb ports on your mac.

Aug 22, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #1,019 of 1,024
I never found one for mine, I also struggled trying to open it, ended up sending it to np audio and they made one up. Also had it converted to 4.4mm. Still use it now, great player.
my player still holds 9 hours confidently. Just wanted to stock up for the future.
I bought my player in good condition and do not plan to sell it, like plenue R2

Sep 28, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #1,020 of 1,024
Hey guys, kind of new here but often come here for info. Nice to be here officially!
Just wondering if anyone knows of a Cowon repair service anywhere in the USA?
I have Plenue 2 that i bought that has shorted headphone/unbalanced inputs and a bad volume wheel.
I fortunately got refunded and the seller let me keep the player anyway. So I'm in it for free.
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back