COWON O2 now available in the US
Nov 26, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #63 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RMAA Comparisons

I'm just waiting for a new directory on that site starting with Cowon O2
icon10.gif

Hurry up mail! Get the O2 to dfkt already!

Dec 6, 2008 at 3:48 AM Post #66 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by dfkt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's my RMAA results, O2 vs. D2: Listening and RMAA Tests, Cowon O2 vs. D2 - Cowon O2 - abi>>forums

Thanks for doing those tests. I was waiting quite eagerly for them, partially to learn about the 02, but also to see if Cowon had addressed the rolloff.

So there is less bass rolloff, but it is still there. You've also stated that it sounds a lot like the D2. I wasn't a fan of the D2 sound (compared to some other players) so the O2 is off my list.

Again, thanks for doing the tests and posting them here.

Dec 6, 2008 at 11:43 PM Post #70 of 72
yeah it is true, but you could switch between OS and use rockbox for music playback and OF for video. I doubt it will happen anytime soon. The D2 still does not have a fully implemented rockbox firmware.

Dec 7, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #71 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol, cowon needs rockbox or else they are doomed.

Honestly, if a $250 player needs a free open source firmware to improve it, that doesn't say much about the $250 player.

I don't get it. Isn't the 02 using the same Davinci chip in the A3? Didn't they already have working firmware to base the O2 code on? Why is this so broken?

Maybe Cowon guessed the S9 would be their flagship seller this winter and decided to put all their resources into that. We'll have to wait and see.

It's not really fair to the customers. At least in the US you can return a product that isn't working the way you want. I'll bet there are people who purchased this in countries where there is no return policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back