Cowon J3 Questions
Dec 30, 2010 at 7:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Red Haze

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone, after browsing these forums for quite a while, I've found out apple isn't the best for audio quality, and now have my heart set on a Cowon J3. There's only two things stopping me.

Last.fm scrobbling - Is there a plugin available to record my plays from the J3 onto last.fm? For me this is a huge factor, because I use last.fm to find a lot of new music.

Can I use a program like Winamp to sync the J3? - This may sound a bit silly, but I'm only asking because I've gotten used to being tied to iTunes my whole life. I know I can just drag music onto the J3 like a memory stick, but I'd like to manage my music through an organizer like Winamp or Mediamonkey because I've gotten so used to the layout. How does everyone else manage music on their J3?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Dec 30, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #2 of 9
dont know about the first question, but I can say that I use MediaMonkey myself to manage the J3 content and it works a treat.

Dec 30, 2010 at 5:32 PM Post #3 of 9
I was obsessed with buying a j3, until I learned of a d3 (look it up here)

Cowon can sync with everything except itunes. You can just drag music over into the player, use windows media player, or use winamp, because it shows flac. Jsut drag the files over.

If you haven't bought a j3, look up the threads on the d3, 8-32gb, android, every feature imaginable. It's probably going to be the new flagship and replace the s9/j3 with cowon.

Jan 2, 2011 at 11:47 PM Post #4 of 9
Thanks for the feedback guys. Another question I have is how much of a difference will I hear from the J3 > Phiaton MS400s compared to my iPod Classic > LOD > Fiio E7 > MS400s? Would the J3 benefit from the E7?

Jan 4, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #5 of 9
I actually just picked up the J3 (my beloved H320 Died).   After the 320 I wanted something light and needed something soon so no waiting for the d3.

I do think the d3 will be larger (due to screen) and i am guessing heavier (WiFi and all).

Jan 4, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #6 of 9
The d3 is a little bit thicker, but same body style as the j3.

PMPs are just devices that give sound off, they give out a certain amount of volume, yet some headphones need more drive of power to give the best sq.

You already have the E7 right? So then test it out to a stock j3 and see if there is a difference. Probably slight. You choose if you need a amp.

Jan 11, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #7 of 9

It looks bigger as well as thicker

J3 Size weight   56.0 x 106.5 x 9.9 mm  - 76g

D3 Size weight  64.2 x 116.4 x 11.8mm  - 120g  (from cowon korean site)

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
I have a question. Does the J3 have a dictionary app (e.g. Webster's English Dictionary)? I've noticed it on some videos, but the product page for the J3 doesn't list it as an app.

Not unless you load up the korean firmware and buy it from their korean site. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back