Cowon J3 on amazon pre-order...
Apr 29, 2010 at 3:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

usf09

100+ Head-Fier
Was just looking at Cowon S9 on Amazon, and noticed the J3 is available for pre-order...

The 16 GB model is $240, and 8GB is $200 which isn't bad, ~$40 more than the S9. Only thing is there's no release date yet, I know it's been released elsewhere, but I wish I could find a definite date...

Sorry if this has been posted, I did a quick search and didn't see anything yet...

May 7, 2010 at 6:07 PM Post #10 of 34
Yup, J3 in the 32gb flavor is the move,...........can't wait for it's release myself.
atsmile.gif

May 7, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #11 of 34
There definitely will be a 32GB version (now the big questions are when?  and, will it be available outside of Korea?).  Go about half way down the page and you will see 4GB/8GB/16GB/32GB listed under its Specs:
http://product.cowon.com/product/COWONJ3/product_page_5.php

Regarding gapless, no one knows yet.  But since the S9 and J3 are both flash-based players and the S9's most recent firmware update included gapless I would suspect the J3 will support gapless as well.

May 10, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #13 of 34
I have not. I've seen tons of videos about the UI on youtube though.

I hate that the 16GB is so close in price to the 32GB S9 (at least on jetmall, and probably on Amazon, since the prices for all the others are the same).

I guess the price of a 16 GB Micro SD being so low makes it okay, but, :frowning2:

Anyone know anything about the video resolutions supported? The S9 appealed to me because I read that it could handle video with resolutions way beyond the screen size without skipping/lag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back