Cowon J3 Discontinued
Feb 17, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #61 of 75
what I want to know is did the riaa make it so I have to order the lineinput cable from korea for my X9 ?

They made sure the replay button is off any new satellite radios....

Apr 13, 2014 at 2:21 AM Post #62 of 75
If anyone is interested. I'm wanting to sell my 32gb Cowon J3. I've owned it for 2 years but it's in really good shape as I installed a screen protector on the device when I first get it and I left it in a leather case. The reason I want to sell it is because I don't use it very much now and I think someone else would get more use out of it. 

-Comes with all packaging contents including USB cord but Iv'e unfortunately misplaced the Cowon earbuds. 
-Genuine "Cowon J3" leather case.  

I'm open to any offers as I have no idea how much value it could have.

Apr 15, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #64 of 75
Quote name="V0UD00" url="/t/601546/cowon-j3-discontinued/60#post_10456316"]@Fluffy Muffins, how much would you want for it? I am interested.

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Hi V0UD00,

I rang up the company I bought it from to get a quote on how much they'd sell it for since I have no idea myself. Minidisc gave me a quote of $200 quoting "its a fair price "
The only significant damage on the device is that the outer shell of the plastic covering the USB ports peeled off but the inside thinner layer of plastic is still protecting the ports.
I'm willing to pay for the postage if the cost is not insane, if its too much the postage will have to add to the cost of the item.

May 12, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #65 of 75
Hi guys, 

I'm just letting everyone know that I'm looking into selling my cowon J3 32gb for AU$200 or best offer, If anyone is interested let me know! I'm planning to list it onto Ebay in the next couple of days. 

May 13, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #66 of 75
Hi guys, 

I'm just letting everyone know that I'm looking into selling my cowon J3 32gb for AU$200 or best offer, If anyone is interested let me know! I'm planning to list it onto Ebay in the next couple of days. 

You'll get more on eBay than our head-fi street price, they don't really move for under $150 give or take here (or they just sit there e) but will fetch about $180-$200 on eBay Australia.

I saw one go for $130 on our boards once and myself snapped one for $150 on eBay last year. Good players, miss it sometimes, but I think the Sony NWZ-F806 is better sounding unit.

May 13, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #67 of 75
You'll get more on eBay than our head-fi street price, they don't really move for under $150 give or take here (or they just sit there e) but will fetch about $180-$200 on eBay Australia.

I saw one go for $130 on our boards once and myself snapped one for $150 on eBay last year. Good players, miss it sometimes, but I think the Sony NWZ-F806 is better sounding unit.

the only thing good about the J3 is it's sound quality compared to other players IMPO.
the reason why is because Cowon hardly does any software updates for there products. Since having the J3, I've only received one software update.
I know that the apple products are frowned upon on these forums but they offer excellent service.

May 13, 2014 at 1:11 AM Post #68 of 75
  the only thing good about the J3 is it's sound quality compared to other players IMPO.
the reason why is because Cowon hardly does any software updates for there products. Since having the J3, I've only received one software update.
I know that the apple products are frowned upon on these forums but they offer excellent service.

Yes, the firmware has been stable for sometime with J3, never had a problem with mine. The S9 I owned however had a glitch where it would skip the start of a track probably 1/100 times. I never worked out why and couldn't find any information on it.

I still think Cowons J3 is much sexier than any iPod or Apple player for my tastes. 

Mine was in spotless condition, also came with a leather case. Although somewhat a business mans item in appearance still one of the sexiest players for it's time (and still today)

May 13, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #69 of 75

Yes, the firmware has been stable for sometime with J3, never had a problem with mine. The S9 I owned however had a glitch where it would skip the start of a track probably 1/100 times. I never worked out why and couldn't find any information on it.

I still think Cowons J3 is much sexier than any iPod or Apple player for my tastes. 

Mine was in spotless condition, also came with a leather case. Although somewhat a business mans item in appearance still one of the sexiest players for it's time (and still today)

No way it's sexier than this! 
biggrin.gif

May 13, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #70 of 75

No way it's sexier than this! 
biggrin.gif

My gosh father! What the hell is that thing! Looks like it came directly from a street mardi gras.

That's the kind of cheap hooker you'd meet in a back alley at 4am in the morning.

My eyes! They burn! 

Thanks for the laugh by the way, the entire photo basically filled my screen up (and pink at that)

May 13, 2014 at 10:40 AM Post #71 of 75

My gosh father! What the hell is that thing! Looks like it came directly from a street mardi gras.

That's the kind of cheap hooker you'd meet in a back alley at 4am in the morning.

My eyes! They burn! 

Thanks for the laugh by the way, the entire photo basically filled my screen up (and pink at that)

It is indeed rather hideous.....lol. But it runs Rockbox and it was free. 
smile_phones.gif

Aug 5, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #74 of 75
  I have a brand new Cowon J3 32GB.  Ordered it from Australia.  They found some stock hidden away.  What do you think its worth?  Anyone interested?

The Cowon J3 was very well replaced by Cowon Plenue D. I think it's hard to find someone interested now ...

Aug 31, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #75 of 75

The Cowon J3 was very well replaced by Cowon Plenue D. I think it's hard to find someone interested now ...

Agreed, but I took a gamble on the Plenue D and found the SQ close with the edge to the D. I liked the fact that it accepts 24-bit files. Today I returned it because the software is laggy and the SQ was not enough of a jump over the J3. I'm going to keep and use my brand new J3 until it dies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back