Cowon iAudio X5/X5L Appreciation Thread...
Nov 18, 2009 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

actorlife

Headphoneus Supremus
I still love mine.
eek.gif
Music does not sound any better than an X5 IMHO. I've tried them all, but kept coming back to my lovely X5. Who else?

Nov 18, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #3 of 43
I have written them (CowonUSA) twice in the past 2 months for a battery replacement (X5L) for a completely dead battery after 6 years, and have not received any reply
confused_face_2.gif

Nov 18, 2009 at 5:58 AM Post #4 of 43
I'd really love to have given my X5 another chance with my JH13s. The X5 truly inspired me to upgrade constantly and exploit room for improvement.

Nov 18, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #5 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have written them (CowonUSA) twice in the past 2 months for a battery replacement (X5L) for a completely dead battery after 6 years, and have not received any reply
confused_face_2.gif

Did you register and submit a ticket? COWON America, Inc. - Powered By Kayako SupportSuite

Nov 18, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #6 of 43
No,
I was using their support page e-mail. I have now created a ticket. Let's see if this works.
Thanks so much for your help!

Kove

Nov 19, 2009 at 7:31 PM Post #7 of 43
Quote:

No,
I was using their support page e-mail. I have now created a ticket. Let's see if this works.

Kove

No problem. You should get an RMA soon by email. Let us know how it goes.

Nov 19, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #8 of 43
Nov 19, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #9 of 43
I may have a 30gb one coming up for sale soon. Just yell at me if you are looking for one of these guys.

Todd

Nov 19, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #10 of 43
I appreciate mine.

I got mine without knowing anything about Cowon and was really pleased. I still think it sounds as good as the best players out there.

The fact that it runs rockbox is icing on the cake.

Nov 20, 2009 at 12:26 PM Post #12 of 43
I'm still using my X5L every day! Couldn't find a good enough reason to replace it. SQ is pretty damn good in my opinion. The battery died, the headphone jack turned mono and the thumbstick wouldn't register "down" but I replaced all of them and it's working like new again. Getting 26 hours of batterytime on a cheap Chinese ebay-battery!
smily_headphones1.gif
I'm thinking about giving it a new HD since it's so easy to mod. 80gb sounds tempting but I thought I read something about incompatibility with every HD above 40gb? Let me know!

(the ebay-seller for the battery is called Megacapacity, there are several versions around $15)

Nov 20, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #14 of 43
I own the X5L so that battery fits just fine. They also sell the battery for the X5 there. Removing one battery to fit the bigger HD is a no-go for me so I'll stick to 30. Maybe find a way to make it work with 2x32gb Compact Flash.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 20, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #15 of 43
Quote:

confused_face_2.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by actorlife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you register and submit a ticket? COWON America, Inc. - Powered By Kayako SupportSuite

Quote:

No,

Quote:

Originally Posted by actorlife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No problem. You should get an RMA soon by email. Let us know how it goes.

Still haven't heard from them
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back