Cowon iAudio 7 and Portable Amps
Jan 13, 2008 at 7:23 PM Post #16 of 25
I would have to agree. On a side note, I just finished my custom patch cord, and well, the i7 and amp combo, well, sorta looks like a b*mb....
redface.gif
I'm not really sure I can take it to my college campus, with all the shootings that occured last year. Here is a picture, you tell me.

Jan 13, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #17 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by athos56 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have to agree. On a side note, I just finished my custom patch cord, and well, the i7 and amp combo, well, sorta looks like a b*mb....
redface.gif
I'm not really sure I can take it to my college campus, with all the shootings that occured last year. Here is a picture, you tell me.

I agree - it does not look "friendly". Just imagine trying to explain what "that thing" is in the airport. "But sir, it is just a headphone amplifier ... I swear it !"

Still, the loose pieces inside a bag would probably look less threatening
wink.gif

Will

Jan 13, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #18 of 25
I've had my iA7 for alittle over a week, listening to it with my FX66's and PX100's. The iA7's amp drives them very well, I rarely go over 30 with the volume. I have not done much auditioning with my CMoy amp with it yet...because those cans don't really need an amp. But higher ohm cans could benifit with a portable amp.

Jan 13, 2008 at 8:44 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had my iA7 for alittle over a week, listening to it with my FX66's and PX100's.

Congrats - I am happy your iA7 arrived!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have not done much auditioning with my CMoy amp with it yet...because those cans don't really need an amp. But higher ohm cans could benifit with a portable amp.

Yes, the Senn 580's were not being driven to their fullest on the iA7, but with the HP mini^3 they sound really good!

Will

Jan 13, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #20 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurra1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...... I coldn't go up higher than maby 20/40 befoure the sound became "strained" but with HD650 I could go all the way up to 40/40 without any coloration. I now that it wasn't the headphones with higher sensitivity that got distorted because I could play with very high volume with an amp conected. If Í used the HP-out to amp the best sound was to be found with the volume all the way up to 40/40, I think this is better because the external amp doesn't need to work so hard then.....

Yes the i7 has a great amp (26mW + 26mW, 16ohm, rated at 52mW) for this size of a player it rocks. I’ve tried various cans and iem’s with it, but I mainly use my XB’s (old ones w/over 100 hrs) on the go and I love it! Lately I’ve been testing it with my HD650’s and was able to get it to sound very nice, but as you know the HD’s need a bit extra push, so I hooked it up to my WA6 and wow, out of this world! I have the i7 at 40 and no distortion, kind of like line out and control the volume on the woo
smily_headphones1.gif

100_2749.jpg

100_2746.jpg

Well, it's not portable like this, but it certainly rocks!

Jan 15, 2008 at 6:26 AM Post #21 of 25
what tube amp is that? looks like one of the LD MK series

Jan 15, 2008 at 11:25 AM Post #22 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by WalkGood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes the i7 has a great amp (26mW + 26mW, 16ohm, rated at 52mW) for this size of a player it rocks. I’ve tried various cans and iem’s with it, but I mainly use my XB’s (old ones w/over 100 hrs) on the go and I love it! Lately I’ve been testing it with my HD650’s and was able to get it to sound very nice, but as you know the HD’s need a bit extra push, so I hooked it up to my WA6 and wow, out of this world! I have the i7 at 40 and no distortion, kind of like line out and control the volume on the woo
smily_headphones1.gif

100_2749.jpg

100_2746.jpg

Well, it's not portable like this, but it certainly rocks!

Beautifull amp! What does it cost?
tongue.gif
I'm really interested in hearing those iAudios. To bad one can't test mp3-players before buying.

Jan 15, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #24 of 25
thx for your impressions, athos56... i think i just might get a headstage lyrix for my i7 later, maybe in a month or too.... apparently a great combo with my DR150s

Jan 16, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #25 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gurra1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Beautifull amp! What does it cost?
tongue.gif
I'm really interested in hearing those iAudios. To bad one can't test mp3-players before buying.

I see that GreatDane already replied to the WA6 question. For your second question, you really don’t need to test it, if you are interested in great SQ & really nice firmware features just pull the trigger, trust me you’ll love it
smily_headphones1.gif

BTW GreatDane I like the new avatar
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back