Cowon i9 / Sflo2 / Clip+
Feb 26, 2010 at 6:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

nukaidee

New Head-Fier
Hey all, I'm looking for a recommendation for a new media player, mine is dying out. Could be any of the ones in the title or any other recommendations would be fine. Here are my requirements / common uses:

between 4gb-8gb (purely cost issue)
Looking for sound quality
Playing mainly mp3's 256 - 320 bit
IEMS- Soundmagic Pl30 , Livewires (first edition)
Amp - Fiio E5 (doesn't matter if I use it or not)
Battery life as long as possible
The smaller the better
I do not watch videos etc on it. Purely music player.

I'm thinking this probably means the clip+ is probably my best bet? Just seeing if anyone has any other inputs.

Thanks!

Feb 26, 2010 at 7:54 AM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by nukaidee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm thinking this probably means the clip+ is probably my best bet? Just seeing if anyone has any other inputs.

Thanks!

Yes

or waiting Hisound Rocoo

Feb 26, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #3 of 10
Yep I'd say the Clip+. I would say the s:flo2 but it doesn't have the best battery life
frown.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:51 AM Post #4 of 10
I got both the clip+ and S;Flo2.

Honestly,.. the clip's UI is simple and stable.

The S:flo2 has good SQ but man,.. it is a pain in the ass when it come to UI and stability. It's much bigger in size as well.

As for battery right, you've heard it right,.. it's not very good... under 8 hours.

SO I think it's better to just stay with a cheap, compact, stable, and user-friendly machine. The S:flo2's touch screen is not very good and the firmwares are mad buggy.

Feb 27, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #6 of 10
I'm very interested in the iAudio7 .. its hella cheap on amazon too.. $105 16gb new ... but they dont ship to Canada.. I'd be happy to buy yours off you. PM me please. I'd love to get the iAudio7, I think it looks better than the i9...

Feb 27, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #7 of 10
Be aware that the i9 is gapless, and has the newer sound enhancements from Cowon,.......the i7 - no.

Feb 27, 2010 at 6:55 PM Post #8 of 10
I dont mind the gapless, what exactly does the sound enhancement do? Is it similar to the x-fi from creative where they make mp3's sound better?

Feb 27, 2010 at 7:06 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by nukaidee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont mind the gapless, what exactly does the sound enhancement do? Is it similar to the x-fi from creative where they make mp3's sound better?

If you're asking about the i7's sound enhancements, they're called JetEffect's, which give you - 5 Band EQ (normal, rock, jazz, classic, pop, vocal and user definable, BBE, Mach3Bass (enhances low end bass), MP Enhance (restores distorted music from digital compression), 3D Surround, Pan (left/right balance) and 10 presets. IMHO they're the best sound effects offered on any player, FWIW I own the i7 now almost 3 years and still love it, you can read my opinion here. That said, I've got an i9 on the way and can't wait to take her for a spin
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 10:07 PM Post #10 of 10
well.. its been settled, I just got a clip+ . I couldn't justify paying 4 times the price for a cowon. so now i've got a cute little black 4gb clip +.

thanks for your input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back