Cowon D3 - We have contact...
Dec 28, 2010 at 1:58 PM Post #61 of 380
^ For me it comes out to $250-$350. In any case, it will probably be lowered to ~$300 (32 GB) by the time it reaches the US. At that point it is only slightly more than the J3 (at least for the 32 GB version).

Dec 28, 2010 at 2:11 PM Post #62 of 380
You all should calculate with D3 + nice case + screen protector + spdif cable = actual price (+ 32gb tf card). This beautiful baby needs protection.

This will go nice with the D10... hope the cable is not bulky.

Dec 28, 2010 at 3:10 PM Post #63 of 380

Quote:
You all should calculate with D3 + nice case + screen protector + spdif cable = actual price (+ 32gb tf card). This beautiful baby needs protection.

Unfortunately it is a bulky one: http://www.exportprive.com/cowon-official-tvout-composite-cable-p-14426.html Hope cowon or someone produces a short, only spdif cable.

Dec 28, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #64 of 380

Quote:

Well I would more go for this: D3 + 3year warranty + Quick shipping + smart phone slider case + micro sd card (later)

enlighten me, what is a spdif cable?

Dec 28, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #66 of 380

Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately it is a bulky one: http://www.exportprive.com/cowon-official-tvout-composite-cable-p-14426.html  Hope cowon or someone produces a short, only spdif cable.

404 not found

Dec 28, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #67 of 380

Quote:
Wow love at first sight.
Looks like THE ultimate player for now.

Too bad it's a ipod touch rip off (which is a good thing, they're improving on it) but with a larger price tag, yet would sound right for what hardware you actually get

So it's a constant give and take, you can either have a touch, with lackluster EVERYTHING, a huge volume of 3rd party EVERYTHING
or a player that rules over EVERYTHING in all fields, yet still unknown to the mass populace

Look on craig'slist, there is probably 50 people trying to sell a touch, yet none of them have heard of cowon

Dec 28, 2010 at 3:28 PM Post #68 of 380

Quote:
Quote:

Unfortunately it is a bulky one: http://www.exportprive.com/cowon-official-tvout-composite-cable-p-14426.html  Hope cowon or someone produces a short, only spdif cable.

In this case it is always possible to shorten by yourself...

Quote:
Quote:

Well I would more go for this: D3 + 3year warranty + Quick shipping + smart phone slider case + micro sd card (later)

enlighten me, what is a spdif cable?

SPDIF = coax digital out

Quote:
Quote:
Wow love at first sight.

Too bad it's a ipod touch rip off (which is a good thing, they're improving on it) but with a larger price tag, yet would sound right for what hardware you actually get

So it's a constant give and take, you can either have a touch, with lackluster EVERYTHING, a huge volume of 3rd party EVERYTHING
or a player that rules over EVERYTHING in all fields, yet still unknown to the mass populace

Look on craig'slist, there is probably 50 people trying to sell a touch, yet none of them have heard of cowon

Do not think it is a ipod touch rip off. It has a typical Cowon design, Android as OS, SD card slot, digital out, hardware buttons... kind of designed for music listening. At least it will send the Iriver H1XX to retirement :)

For me it is a long awaited very desired player.

Dec 28, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #69 of 380
Fixed again: http://www.exportprive.com/cowon-official-tvout-composite-cable-p-14426.html (I have a problem with the browser right now, so when I paste, it pastes with a space at the end)

Why would you call this an ipod rip off? are all portable cassette players walkman rip off!? It has MANY features apple doesn't have and will never have.

Dec 28, 2010 at 3:35 PM Post #70 of 380

Quote:
Fixed again: http://www.exportprive.com/cowon-official-tvout-composite-cable-p-14426.html (I have a problem with the browser right now, so when I paste, it pastes with a space at the end)

Why would you call this an ipod rip off? are all portable cassette players walkman rip off!? It has MANY features apple doesn't have and will never have.

well, that said, we can call everything a rip off the big bang shattering molecules off each other and allowing the soundwaves to create shockwaves that could be heard, except there would be no living creatures that far in the past, or beguining

ow, brain hurts

thanks for letting me know about the cable

at least it's not much

and the d3 can play 1080 hd, that's cool
so then no shrinking or encoding

Dec 28, 2010 at 3:38 PM Post #71 of 380

Quote:
Quote:
Wow love at first sight.

It sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about. Have you even handled a Cowon player? I have (X5, D2, S9). I also have handled many other players (Ipod/itouch of different flavors, zune HD, creative etc). Every cowon player definitely had a "cowon" character and DNA. Whether from its uniquely "cowon" features (jeteffect, many customizations, record function etc), external controls, software implementation (or lack of one), rich sound quality, or even clunky UIs, each of these players felt distinctively "cowon." This cannot be said for other players that sometimes seemed to borrow Apple's cues too much.

Dec 28, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #72 of 380

Quote:
well, that said, we can call everything a rip off the big bang shattering molecules off each other and allowing the soundwaves to create shockwaves that could be heard, except there would be no living creatures that far in the past, or beguining

ow, brain hurts

you are so eloquent

Dec 28, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #73 of 380

Quote:
 It sounds like you have no idea what you are talking about. Have you even handled a Cowon player? I have (X5, D2, S9). I also have handled many other players (Ipod/itouch of different flavors, zune HD, creative etc). Every cowon player definitely had a "cowon" character and DNA. Whether from its uniquely "cowon" features (jeteffect, many customizations, record function etc), external controls, software implementation (or lack of one),  or even clunky UIs, each of these players felt distinctively "cowon." This cannot be said for other players that sometimes seemed to borrow Apple's cues too much.

There always has to be a spearhead for a new idea.

I'm saying that cowon has taken the idea and concepts that have been running well in the world and improved upon them after watching some features fail and die off

it's just that they haven't been able to produce either a great, easy, intuitive UI, or a mass marketing campaign
So they took android for a new UI, which would be BIG thing for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back