Cowon C2 Impression and Discusion Thread
Jun 29, 2011 at 5:07 PM Post #62 of 141
Hello guys, I wonder if you could help me. I want to buy a new MP3 player and right now i want to have a good sound and a card slot. From the C2 or Sansa Fuze which one would be better? Or are there any other Mp3's that are better than these in the same price range?

I don't own/haven't owned any good MP3 players (i have an old 2 gb Philips player) so this would be a new purchase to me. I already have a pair of good audio-technica's for portable use but i lack a good MP3 player :frowning2:.

Pls help.

Jun 29, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #63 of 141
A Fuze with Rockbox is an excellent choice - with Sandisk stock firmware not so much. The C2 has the better (and easier to tweak) sound enhancements, but Rockbox has a very nice EQ as well. Also, the Rockbox interface - while being a bit intimidating to a new user - is certainly better than the C2 interface.

Jun 30, 2011 at 8:36 AM Post #64 of 141
Well if the sound enhancements are similar or the C2 has better ones i think i'm gonna go for it. Also the C2 has a bigger screen and i commute alot between college-home with the bus/train and it would be nice to watch a video or something similar to help pass the time.

Anyway thank you for your help dfkt :).

Jun 30, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #65 of 141
Here's the promised video of the UI. You can watch it in 720p on Youtube.

Jul 14, 2011 at 12:04 AM Post #66 of 141
what are the sayings in the beginning of the video... like "sunny day" etc.  are those just random messages or things you put in?  editable?  or are they default messages that comes w/ the player?

Jul 15, 2011 at 10:33 AM Post #69 of 141
I'm using a d2+ and i really like the c2t style, i don't think that i'm going to buy it anyway... it's almost the same thing, i really want that cowon with the wifi.. which one is it? 

Jul 15, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #70 of 141

Quote:
I'm using a d2+ and i really like the c2t style, i don't think that i'm going to buy it anyway... it's almost the same thing, i really want that cowon with the wifi.. which one is it? 

The D3, and it's not worth the money.

Jul 17, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #74 of 141
Heh, Marvin...

Cowons have the best licensed sound enhancements, in my opinion. There's just no other brand of player that surpasses the BBE stuff, if one likes those things. I've tested Samsung's DNSe, Sony's DSSE, the SRS WOW stuff several brands license, and some other things. Cowon's BBE is still the king of the hill - the most natural, the most punchy, and so on. If you want flat sound, most players sound the same, but if you want to tweak your stuff, Cowon/BBE sure are a choice to consider.

Jul 18, 2011 at 3:07 AM Post #75 of 141

Quote:
Heh, Marvin...

Cowons have the best licensed sound enhancements, in my opinion. There's just no other brand of player that surpasses the BBE stuff, if one likes those things. I've tested Samsung's DNSe, Sony's DSSE, the SRS WOW stuff several brands license, and some other things. Cowon's BBE is still the king of the hill - the most natural, the most punchy, and so on. If you want flat sound, most players sound the same, but if you want to tweak your stuff, Cowon/BBE sure are a choice to consider.

and this is the reason why i keep going with cowon, i really like all the effects and the battery. The battery is amazing. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back