Cowboy Junkies - Trinity Revisted - The best soundstage ever!
Mar 26, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wrong. It was recorded at the Church of the Holy Trinity in Toronto, not in Vancouver. The church is located just outside one of the entrances to The Eaton's Centre in downtown Toronto.

Toronto, Vancouver ahh just another town in the 51st state.
biggrin.gif

My bad though you are right.

Mar 26, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #17 of 24
51st state my arse! Don't make us come back down there!

Incidentally, I had always thought it was a church in Vancouver as well, which I thought odd, since they are local to Toronto and the Church of the Holy Trinity is a landmark site. I walk past it every day. I'll add that to my trivia banks!

[EDIT] Decided to take a couple of shots while on my smoke break to test out the camera on my Blackberry. They are decidedly (and expectedly) terrible:

2364017128_396207b48b.jpg

2364017098_69c0a92b58.jpg

Mar 26, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #18 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by kydsid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But I have to say my goal is to find a copy of the orginal 96/24 recording. I can only imagine.

I don't get it. The DVD stereo tracks are at 24/96 aren't they? Or do you mean the original release from the 80s? That was done on a portable DAT, so it was only 16/48.

Mar 26, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #20 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
51st state my arse! Don't make us come back down there!

Actually you would have to come up to me. I live in the 14th province - Alaska!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't get it. The DVD stereo tracks are at 24/96 aren't they? Or do you mean the original release from the 80s? That was done on a portable DAT, so it was only 16/48.

Maybe but this is what it says on the back of the package:

"This program was originally filimed in high definition video at 23.976 frames per second and 1080 lines of resolution. The music was recorded at 96 khz and 24 bit high resolution audio. It has been down converted for standard definition 16:9 anamorphic widescreen with PCM stereo and Dolby 5.1 surround audio using state of the art conversion technology for an optimized listening and viewing experience."

That leads me to believe that both the audio and video were down converted from HD. Maybe someone with more knowledge can weigh in on this?

Apr 25, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by auditude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ouch!
frown.gif

Not that do or don't care for her but I didn't think that she was that bad

I have to 2nd grawks comment, Natalie nearly ruined my fave song

Apr 26, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #22 of 24
natalie's not that bad compared to margot timmons is one of the most enchanting voices I've ever heard. It's a travesty they brought people in for the remake.

Apr 26, 2010 at 8:32 AM Post #23 of 24
The original Trinity Sessions is a long time favorite of me, and so I bought the Revisited as soon as it came out.
Hmm, I love the DVD, nice atmosphere, but I do not like the music as much as the original.
I can live with Merchant and Adams, though they do not eally add ot the original, but the way that horrible Vic Chestnut butchers f.i. my favorite song Blue Moon..., really terrible, the man can't sing at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back