couldnt decide on a new phone last time round sooo...
Dec 31, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #48 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
our data plans are ok, its usually only a fiver a month more than normal, or included, how much extra is it over ur way?

Depends on the carrier. I'm on AT&T, and it's $30 minimum extra with a smartphone, $15 for a dumbphone. The data plan has a 5GB monthly cap.

I have a question, will a t-mobile phone work fine on AT&T for voice calling? Data's not much of an issue.

Dec 31, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #50 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends on the carrier. I'm on AT&T, and it's $30 minimum extra with a smartphone, $15 for a dumbphone. The data plan has a 5GB monthly cap.

I have a question, will a t-mobile phone work fine on AT&T for voice calling? Data's not much of an issue.

The Nexus One will work on AT&T GSM and GPRS/EDGE bands, just not 3G.

Dec 31, 2009 at 7:40 PM Post #52 of 57
Quote:

not 3g? :0

there will have to be a 3g version for the uk

Just check on what 3G bands are over there and what are available on the phones.

Just to point out- if you're planning on rooting your phone, it shouldn't matter what stock firmware comes on whatever HTC Android phone you get since you can put on hacked and better ROMs anyways.

Dec 31, 2009 at 7:51 PM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

not 3g? :0

there will have to be a 3g version for the uk

3G will work on European networks and T - Mobile in the USA.

Dec 31, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #54 of 57
Quote:

$30 a month or a year?

all our networks here work with each other, except '3'

Per month. And the phones aren't subsidized all that much, new smartphones are usually around $200+.

Dec 31, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #55 of 57
I think of data plans as a scam to get customers to pay $1000 for a phone. $530 isn't looking that bad anymore...

I don't need/want/use 3G. Free WiFi is absolutely everywhere, including my entire university's campus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back