couldnt decide on a new phone last time round sooo...
Dec 19, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #16 of 57
it seems HTC wouldve had a real winner with that HTC HD2 but winmo 6.5 and thier stubborness to switch to android may cost them big!

if the nexus is to be cheap, it must have a catch, if not, itll wipe the floor with the competition, only apple fanboys will buy the iphone

Dec 20, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #17 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My main issue with WinMo phones is the 65K color limit. Color banding is very noticeable, and images (particularly in the web browser) look horrid. Otherwise, the HD2 would be the phone I'd get.

Agreed. If there's something I hate about my "brickphone", it's the banding.

Quote:

I'm also heading toward the Nexus boat, even though pricing is still far from concrete. (I still have a hard time believing it'll be $200 off-contract) And no-thanks to early adoption, I'm not spending my money to do QC.

The phone will have to have advertising bundled if they're going to sell it unlocked for $200 USD. If that route is an option I'm hoping for $99. Google has ingenious ways to monetize things.

Dec 20, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #18 of 57
Dec 20, 2009 at 1:28 PM Post #19 of 57
theres no ideal device but all the pieces are their top builed one

amoled screen
screen size
resolution
512 ram
1ghz snap dragon
android os
capacitive screen
expandable memory

even tho the htc is only missing the OS, but thats the important bit grrrrr

Dec 20, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #20 of 57
There is an unsubstantiated rumor that the HD2 will be upgradeable to WinMo7, but that's probably at least a year off, and who knows if it'll even run well on the hardware.

Dec 20, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #21 of 57
Quote:

There is an unsubstantiated rumor that the HD2 will be upgradeable to WinMo7, but that's probably at least a year off, and who knows if it'll even run well on the hardware.

That's entirely possible. My Wizard runs the latest build of WM6.5 just fine with a bit of an overclock. The Wizard is a 4 year old phone that shipped with WM5.

Dec 20, 2009 at 5:05 PM Post #22 of 57
a year?

well thats that then, im not getting it! if it was a few months maybe id think about it.. a year? id be thinking of upgrading phone by then, thats if it comes at all!

looks like the software forces me to permanently reject the HD2

Dec 20, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #24 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a year?

well thats that then, im not getting it! if it was a few months maybe id think about it.. a year? id be thinking of upgrading phone by then, thats if it comes at all!

looks like the software forces me to permanently reject the HD2

Well the earliest projection of WinMo 7 seems to be late 2010, and knowing MS, that deadline probably won't be met...

Windows Mobile 7 delayed again? Or much hype about nothing? | WMExperts

Dec 20, 2009 at 7:37 PM Post #25 of 57
thanks for that, i was thinking itd be just round the corner seeing as microsoft are loosing not only too apple but now google as well

so im guessing they are dead as far as the average consumer goes. htc have cost themselves so much with this, i have heard alot wanting this phone but not getting it cause of winmo, oh well, maybe the nexus one will come good

scratching winmo devices off the list :/

Dec 29, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #27 of 57
nexus_iphone.png

Google announces Android press conference for January 5th -- Engadget

Dec 30, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #28 of 57
Dec 30, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #30 of 57
$530 is terrible. I would have thought that Google would sell it at cost and use their advertising expertise for a profit- they had their chance to do something new.
frown.gif

It's still possible for this to change though. A leaked PDF with the terms of sale seems to point at $430 (end of page 2).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back