Could use some IEM help
Apr 12, 2011 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

lpfan4ever

New Head-Fier
I've been browsing here pretty much the whole day trying to gather some information on getting new IEMs, but I'm still pretty lost. What I can tell you now is I have is a pair of UE Super.Fi 5's with a messed up cable that I'm looking to replace altogether. The price of a replacement cable is silly for me in Canada, and I just don't think it's worth it with how beat up they are in general. Plus, who doesn't like spending money on new stuff!

So I come to you guys, I'm looking for IEMs, easily available to Canada, and preferably under $175. I like the sound of my Super.Fi's, but I really have little to base it against because the only other IEM's I've used are Skullcandy stuff, and I know how much those suck. I listen to metal most of the time, often with powerful vocals and crazy drumming. (Think Iron Maiden, Protest the Hero, Slayer) I like to drum, so hearing the difference between individual cymbals getting hit and whatnot is something I fully enjoy. I'm not a fan of overly bass heavy IEMs, though I do like having a bit of punch. I would also highly prefer NOT having the stupid memory wire, as I find it to be a huge nuisance.

Here's where I guess it gets tricky I guess. I have small ear canals and have had to use the small single flange rubber tips with all of the IEM's I've used, and the Comply tips have never felt right. I'm just using these for playing 320kpbs mp3's off my phone, so I'm not looking for anything super high end (as well as something that's not terribly hard to drive, I don't know how much my phone puts out)

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. Hopefully you guys find me something I can enjoy!

Apr 12, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #2 of 3
If you can get the Super.fi 5 (pro's, I'm guessing?) to fit, then you'll love the Triple.fi 10. It's pretty easy to find for under $200, and it basically does everything the SF5 can do, but better 
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 13, 2011 at 10:31 AM Post #3 of 3
Yes, I believe they are the Pros. Although, I haven't had much luck finding the Triple.Fi 10's for a decent price in Canada. I wish I was as good at finding audio stuff as I am at finding computer parts.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back