Could someone technical compare me these two Dac || xonar vs fiio ||
Jan 5, 2014 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BojoGG

New Head-Fier
So right now i got Xonar DS sound card and i want to know if its worth to upgrade to fiio e10.
Xonar DS has Chipset Wolfson WM8776 
Specs:http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/documents/uploads/data_sheets/en/WM8776.pdf
Fiio E10
Specs:http://fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000028262517&MenuID=105026003

Can someone look at those numbers and help me decide if E10 i worth purchasing.
Consider these scenarios 

1.Not selling Xonar at all
2.Selling Xonar for 32$
3.Using one of these headphones
-----------------------------------------------------------
Sennheiser HD 598 
Beyerdynamic DT 770 pro
Audio-Technica ATH-M50
Audio-Technica ATH-AD700
AKG K 550
---------------------------------------------------------------
I know some of these are more then 32Ω in that case it would be instant yes for fiio cause amp.

Jan 5, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #2 of 5
Getting an AKG K612 Pro (120-Ohm) headphones and plugging them directly into the Xonar DS might be the best choice.
Technically the FiiO E10 is a better DAC and headphone amplifier, but I think your better off spend most of your audio budget for headphones.

Jan 6, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #3 of 5
I'm being confused about this thing, 'cause i've never owned any soundcard for PC at all. Have anyone had any technically or audibly test between a USB DAC and a Soundcard ? 

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #4 of 5
i would say it is not worth it.

When i still have my desktop pc, i owned sound cards such as Creative Titanium HD(PCI-E) and Asus Xonar DX.

but since i have no desktop anymore, i since moved on to using USB DAC/AMP.

from what i experience, it is not worth it at all.

The Fiio E10 although removed all the noise and generally made the sound cleaner but it alters the sound signature of my music, it is very sparkly and tiring when listening to songs.

The Fiio E17 on the other hand doesn't have the sparkly issue but it is not as clear or as detailed as my Asus Xonar DX and it gets quite tiring after extended period of time.

im currently using UE TripleFi 10 w/ Dark Lord Telfon Upgrade Cable.

i would suggest you try Audioquest Dragonfly 1.0 as it now cost $99 or if you want get the newer version 1.2 but it is more expensive

i also recommend the Asus Xonar DX because it is a really good sound card and it is better than my Titanium HD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back