Could somebody compare the ER4P with the UE Triple Fi's?
Sep 26, 2008 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Fetou

100+ Head-Fier
I am in the market for a nice set of IEMs. The Triple Fi's are twice as expensive, so I am fielding opinions on how much better the Triple Fi's are then the 4P etc.

I know both have a lot of good support, and I am looking for people who have heard both if possible.

Sep 27, 2008 at 2:35 PM Post #2 of 12
If somehow no one has given you a definite answer in one to two weeks (that's when mine arrives), I will add mine to this thread.

Sep 27, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by parrot5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If somehow no one has given you a definite answer in one to two weeks (that's when mine arrives), I will add mine to this thread.

My triples arrive on Tues.

I have the 4S but if I amp them and the Triples that might make a good comparo.

Sep 27, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #4 of 12
They sound nothing like each other.

ER4 : Thin sounding, wet treble and extremely detailed, very narrow soundstage, treble is so much it can almost sound fatiguuing after a while. Sounds excellent with a nice warm amp.

TFPro: Very full sound, plenty of bass, dry and airy treble but adequately detailed, much warmer, huge soundstage. Amp not needed but improves the sound

Sep 27, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #5 of 12
I have owned both extensively, and they pretty much echo to what Spyro up there just said.

However, I feel that overall the ER4P wins by a long shot. The whole spectrum is more balanced than any other 'phone I've come across, even though the bass takes the backseat once the music swells and the highs can be a bit "digital" and piercing.

Sep 27, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #6 of 12
This I also agree on except the wet treble (provided I understand correctly what is meant by that) and with the APureSound cable the P's shine even more (even when used from an iPhone). Also to me the ER4 has the far superior fit, I could never get comfortable with the TFP.

Sep 28, 2008 at 1:39 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They sound nothing like each other.

ER4 : Thin sounding, wet treble and extremely detailed, very narrow soundstage, treble is so much it can almost sound fatiguuing after a while. Sounds excellent with a nice warm amp.

TFPro: Very full sound, plenty of bass, dry and airy treble but adequately detailed, much warmer, huge soundstage. Amp not needed but improves the sound

Gotta disagree with this appraisal. Have owned both, and just sold the Triples. I think the soundstage was almost identical and to me the Triples had almost too much bass. that said, though, I'm listening to big symphonies, jass and femal jazz vocalists, and listening thru Imod and Hornet combination. that may be why I disagree, so keep that in mind too i.e, type of music being listened to and the equipment used

Sep 28, 2008 at 1:50 AM Post #8 of 12
I like a relatively neutral sound if possible. My AD2000's are a little bit mid strong but I am used to their smooth as butter highs. I've never been all too worried about much bass when it comes to headphones/IEMs in general, but its an added bonus.

I don't understand what you mean by wet treble and digital highs?

Sep 28, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are looking for something balanced you should consider the Sleek SA6 or Shure SE530 instead, both of them are more balanced than the ER4s and the Triplefi 10s.

That's interesting.

Sep 28, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #11 of 12
I wouldn't have called the SE530 balanced but I have only had a very short listen to it under meet conditions. The SA6 I have never heard.

Sep 28, 2008 at 9:15 AM Post #12 of 12
I won't describe SA6 or SE530 as balance. To me, SE530 sounds a bit warm, while SA6 is even warmer. Musical is how I will describe the two.

TF10 will be close to what I'll call balance, that is, a sound there is neither warm or cold. ER4 is what I will call very cold, and UM2 be what I will call very warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back