Could a person survive on this diet?
Dec 29, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #46 of 54
i tried to... i died... and now im gonna sue you! see you in court!

Dec 29, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #47 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who here will step up and climb the Mount Everest of anal leakage? Who will strive for the greatest possible time/money efficiency, presumably to be able to hang out on head-fi more often and save up for some new cables?

Personally, I think the only-canola-oil diet is terrible. Everybody knows that you should have one proper meal after every three days of oil.

Hey AlanY, is this you, by any chance? It just came up on google image under "spoonful of sugar"

*Laughs* No. Though speaking of sugar, I've been thinking about a modification to the all-oil diet to address some of the health concerns raised in this thread.

Here's the new suggested diet (this is in total for a day, not per meal):
12 tablespoons of oil/lard
6 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 cup of mixed beans
multivitamin

That's still low on fibre, but most Americans don't get anywhere near their full recommended intake of fibre anyway.

Dec 29, 2007 at 10:13 PM Post #49 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*Laughs* No. Though speaking of sugar, I've been thinking about a modification to the all-oil diet to address some of the health concerns raised in this thread.

6 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 cup of mixed beans
multivitamin

That's still low on fibre, but most Americans don't get anywhere near their full recommended intake of fibre anyway.

Actually, I'm tempted to try out this diet for a few days, not so much in the interest of caloric efficiency and experiment, but because it would be an excellent way to make a really fine meal afterward taste heavenly, and I guess to pay for it. And hey, the balance of the two would probably be better for me than the only okay food I'd eat over those days normally.

Dec 29, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #50 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by facelvega /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I'm tempted to try out this diet for a few days, not so much in the interest of caloric efficiency and experiment, but because it would be an excellent way to make a really fine meal afterward taste heavenly, and I guess to pay for it. And hey, the balance of the two would probably be better for me than the only okay food I'd eat over those days normally.

attachment.php

Dec 30, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #51 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlanY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
6 tablespoons of sugar
1/2 cup of mixed beans
multivitamin

If you take more beans, you'll get enough fibre and can do away with the sugar. Beans do provide all essential amino acids, but to be extra safe I'd recommend adding some corn. The Aztecs survived on beans and corns (plus or minus sacrificial victims)

Dec 30, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #52 of 54
Oil and lard have been discussed here, but not muktuk. The inuit have been eating a very high fat diet for centuries. They are noted for having rapid metabolisms and good teeth.

BTW, check out my Weird Food thread on Sound Thinking, one of those other audio sites...but don't do it while eating.
frown.gif

Laz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back