Costco or Sam's Club
Jun 5, 2009 at 1:55 PM Post #31 of 38
Costco Benefits > Sam's Club. Costco quality > Sam's Club. Everything i find of Costco's Better. Costco even has Jugs of Soy Milk, in different sizes and flavours, and also sells chocolate milk in 2 litres and 4 litres, and it's probaly the best tasting i've ever had. Yes, better than DairyLand. Last but not least, Costco is one minute away from my house....walking, and Sam's Club is a 4 hour drive =)

Jun 6, 2009 at 3:25 PM Post #33 of 38
I have a Costco membership and intend to keep it. Mostly because they have a surprisingly good selection of higher-end foods.

Jun 7, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #34 of 38
Here's the better arguement: Costco vs. Walmart (Of course I would never step foot in a Walmart... Just moral standards)

Here it is:

Walmart: No membership, low low prices, wider variety of items. (Sorry, I don't know much about Walmart besides that they're handing our economy to China
tongue.gif
)

Costco: Great returns program (My mom replaces her vacuum every year at no charge), you can make duplicate I.D's so you don't have to buy one for yourself and the wife (Also shared with friends), the food court is great, higher quality stock (My Tennis racket that my parents got from Walmart broke in a month of not even light playing)

Jun 9, 2009 at 1:12 PM Post #35 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkweg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They have Sam's in Canada? I've never seen one in B.C. You must be in Ontario.

There isn't a Sam's club in BC =), that's why it's a four hour drive away....
biggrin.gif

Jun 9, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #36 of 38
I personally like Costco only cause my Mom dragged me there to help carry the massive bulk products. My uncle shopped at Sam's and well I preferred Costco, obvious bias right?

Jun 9, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #37 of 38
I've worked at Costco for 6 years and it's been wonderful. I'm a low-level functionary (actually the lowest) and I make about $45,000/year including bonuses. Not to mention I get 4 weeks paid vac., GOOD med./dental, and a fairly decent retirement plan. The person doing my job at Sam's makes maybe $30,000 (if that) and has vastly inferior benefits.

Keep that in mind when choosing. Costco is one of the best run businesses in the world.

Costco is also going to be picking up several high-end lines that are begging for an outlet now that the economy is in the dumps. Think companies that you never imagined would resell at Costco.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benaiir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the better arguement: Costco vs. Walmart (Of course I would never step foot in a Walmart... Just moral standards)

Here it is:

Walmart: No membership, low low prices, wider variety of items. (Sorry, I don't know much about Walmart besides that they're handing our economy to China
tongue.gif
)

Costco: Great returns program (My mom replaces her vacuum every year at no charge), you can make duplicate I.D's so you don't have to buy one for yourself and the wife (Also shared with friends), the food court is great, higher quality stock (My Tennis racket that my parents got from Walmart broke in a month of not even light playing)

Your mom is part of the reason why Coscto won't be the same forever. We've already changed our return policy on TV's, iPods, and cameras.

When you get a membership you get one card for you and one for your spouse. Only you and your spouse are allowed to use the card. Cheating Costco is going to ruin it for everyone down the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back