Corda 2Move versus iBasso D3 Python
Oct 9, 2008 at 2:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

RuiCanela

100+ Head-Fier
Hello HeadFiers
I own Corda 2Move and I love it! I love it sound quality, great bass, never thought it could sound so good!
Anyone owns both Corda 2Move and iBasso D3? Does D3 sound better than 2Move? What about the DAC, which one is the best? Do you think buying D3 would be an upgrade to my portable system?
k701smile.gif

Cheers
beerchug.gif

Rui

Oct 9, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #2 of 42
I was wondering the same thing (sort of), except I wanted a comparison of the 2Move and the P3.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread at all, but perhaps someone could help both of us? I don't really want to create a new thread when a thread exists already that's so similar.

Oct 9, 2008 at 3:42 AM Post #3 of 42
I have a Move (which I understand to be exactly the same as the 2Move w/o the graphic), correct me if I'm wrong.

My iBasso D3 will arrive tomorrow or Fri. and I plan to compare it to the Move.

I'll try to post on this thread but it might not be this weekend.

Oct 9, 2008 at 9:28 AM Post #4 of 42
^^ do post pics of D3.

btw no one compared it to Boa yet..

maybe we can compare our experiences under one thread?

Oct 9, 2008 at 10:23 AM Post #5 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomjtx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a Move (which I understand to be exactly the same as the 2Move w/o the graphic), correct me if I'm wrong.

My iBasso D3 will arrive tomorrow or Fri. and I plan to compare it to the Move.

I'll try to post on this thread but it might not be this weekend.

2move has a different DAC (and a better one at that) in addition to the ugly graphic lol. I believe the door to get access to the battery/internals is different too.

Oct 9, 2008 at 12:21 PM Post #6 of 42
My D3 exceeds the performance of my original move in all areas especially in soundstage, imaging, and accuracy of bass, IMO. I have not heard the 2Move so am unable to comment on that.

The P3 I would consider to sound more like the Move, depending on choice of opamps.

Whether you would find the differences sufficient to warrant the cost of changing amps is a question that only you can answer.

Oct 12, 2008 at 2:54 PM Post #8 of 42
I have listened to all three, Move, 2Move, and iBasso D3. To my ears the D3 sounds best, but it is not a night - day difference. When you realize the D3 is smaller and cheaper it is a no brainer.

Oct 12, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #9 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have listened to all three, Move, 2Move, and iBasso D3. To my ears the D3 sounds best, but it is not a night - day difference. When you realize the D3 is smaller and cheaper it is a no brainer.

I know a German guy who is going to curse you for those words!!!!......
k701smile.gif

Oct 12, 2008 at 8:36 PM Post #10 of 42
The dac section of the D3 is exceptional and the amp section shows that iBasso is truly striving to make improvements with each successive incarnation. With the D3 they are making a very good statement with regards to high end portable sound quality in both the dac and amp section. That the D3 can output as a dac only is a big plus, imo.

Oct 12, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #12 of 42
Interesting. The iBasso seems to use the same DAC chip as Cambridge Audio's CD players (WM 8740). Not to imply that it would offer the same kind of overall performance (lots of other factors), but I'd imagine that if anyone is looking for impressions as to the SQ to expect out of this DAC checking out reviews of CA's CDP's would not be a bad place to start. As an owner of a 540c V2, I can safely say that for $220 I would not be disappointed with that level of SQ in a portable unit. It's a bit forward (right word?) for my liking, but solid on the whole.

Of course, I'll reiterate, the DAC is only a one part of the whole unit. It might sound nothing remotely like the CDP's that sport this DAC.

Oct 13, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #13 of 42
Hi, wow i was just about to buy a 2move for my laptop (I already have an sr71a for my imod) when i stumbled on the ibasso amps.
I did not really take them that seriously till now but whith this amp this seems to change...
I would also really like to know if the ibasso d3 is as good as the 2 or 3move since it is much cheaper! Can anyone do a comprehensive evaluation (bass impact/quality sound stage(broad and deep) sound signature (forward and bright, or more laid back),of those two? I wonder if the high gain setting of the two is the seem?
I know the 2moves uses 1 9v battery, not sure how much power the ibasso needs.
Thanks in advance for any information,
greetings, anouk,

Oct 14, 2008 at 12:00 AM Post #15 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ginko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the iBasso D3 uses 5 AAA batteries.

Yes the D3 uses 5 Triple A's and the P3 uses 6 triple A's

I love the D3 wish I had the 2move to compare..

dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back