Copy protection: ripped/burned CD vs. original CD
Jun 24, 2005 at 7:13 AM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
That's the good news.

The bad news is with an already comprimised signal due to the initial copy protection you can only get a 1:1 copy of the damage already done ,not acopy of the unaltered original.Once something is lost in an audio signal you can never get it back.
You can in some cases "sythesize" something that approximates what was lost but never can you recover original content once lost or distorted

Crap in, crap out.

I avoid crap copy protected DVD's from the likes of Sony et al, as much as possible.

But then again, much of new music has not been interesting me much anyways. I just love picking up more obscure bargains on eBay lately.

-Ed

Jun 26, 2005 at 1:20 AM Post #32 of 33
The disc includes a "Player" which installs copy protection, so that you are unable to copy the disc.

Hold down the shift key, or disable auto run.

If you've already installed it run the "uninstaller" for the "player" on the disc.

Jun 26, 2005 at 1:35 AM Post #33 of 33
I bought a Maroon 5 CD that I believe has CP. My NEC DVD burner won't even read it. I've downloaded a few rips of it, and not only does it have CP, it sounds like the engineer was on crack. All of the defects you can hear in the rip are obvious on a normal CDP, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back