Copper vs silver cables
Nov 1, 2013 at 2:29 AM Post #197 of 245
I literally buy cables because they look cool. In my experience they usually sound the same or slightly better, but if that's all in my head then its all in my head and that's all that matters to me.

I also can't believe I just posted in this topic lol

Nov 1, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #198 of 245
I literally buy cables because they look cool. In my experience they usually sound the same or slightly better, but if that's all in my head then its all in my head and that's all that matters to me.

+1

I mean, really all we have is the "sound in our head." So I just go for the most pleasurable, enjoyable experience, whatever the reasons for it may be.

se

Nov 1, 2013 at 6:06 AM Post #199 of 245

I also can't believe I just posted in this topic lol

Lol I'm with you on this. I actually own a DHC 6-wire Peptide and Complement2 and a Q Cable because I like the way they look. 

Nov 1, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #202 of 245
Lol I'm with you on this. I actually own a DHC 6-wire Peptide and Complement2 and a Q Cable because I like the way they look. 
I always wondered why Eddy's Q cables had a $325 value (3m) since they can't sound any better than stock. That beauty is also subjective but no one questions that?

Nov 2, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #204 of 245
It's done in every cable thread by the science templars. This forum is a subjective place for sharing subjective experiences yet here it is that wiseguys try to discredit others subjective experiences. A bit hypocritical, wouldn't you say?

Nov 2, 2013 at 12:35 AM Post #205 of 245
It's done in every cable thread by the science templars. This forum is a subjective place for sharing subjective experiences yet here it is that wiseguys try to discredit others subjective experiences. A bit hypocritical, wouldn't you say?

Yes, this is a subjective place for sharing subjective experience, but as often happens, some people try and pass their subjective experience off as more than that. And in those cases their claims should no longer have the sanctity afforded pure subjectivism. In other words, many of those who would call themselves subjective, aren't.

se

Nov 2, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #208 of 245
Based on economics and not ultimate performance. Copper was "good enough".

Silver would have been better in what respect exactly? And I mean with respect to actual performance. What exactly is the " bad" property of copper that silver improves upon in any meaningful way? If you do not have an answer to this, then your claim above is meaningless.

se

Nov 2, 2013 at 4:18 PM Post #209 of 245
Yes, this is a subjective place for sharing subjective experience, but as often happens, some people try and pass their subjective experience off as more than that. And in those cases their claims should no longer have the sanctity afforded pure subjectivism. In other words, many of those who would call themselves subjective, aren't.

se

This is based on what (or who's) criteria? I have nothing to sell. I have no financial dog in the fight. MOTs typically refrain from these discussions for obvious reasons. Unless perhaps they only sell copper for higher profit margins and might have vested interests? This statement may have no truth, but neither do your accusations that anyone that has a different opinion than you has motives other than what's stated.

Let's not forget the purpose of the question. Can copper be bettered sonically? Science says silver is a better conductor than copper. Some say it can sound better. Some say they can't tell a difference. Some say copper sounds better. That's subjective commentary. They each give their personal experience for their opinions. If you accept the premise that subjective review is acceptable in principle, then you can't pick and choose what it's definition is from topic to topic to suit your point of view.

Proof is for the science forum, not subjective commentary & experiences of our members. Here, it's not on the members to lay out their lab credentials and show their DBT, calibrations, testing protocol, etc. It's not a court of science but a place of experiences and opinions offered without judgement of objective persecution. That drives some crazy and that's why they have their own playground.

Nov 2, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #210 of 245
Silver would have been better in what respect exactly? And I mean with respect to actual performance. What exactly is the " bad" property of copper that silver improves upon in any meaningful way? If you do not have an answer to this, then your claim above is meaningless.

se

Not to enter the fray, but to ask a question. I have mostly silver cables -- audio note vx and sogon, as interconnects. I have had copper cables that I liked but never really have a/b'd comparable copper and silver cables in my system. I have however heard the audio note Lexus at a shop, which is described by audio note as the copper version of the sogon in that they have similar construction. They do not sound that much alike and if you let people choose even up I do not think many people would choose the Lexus straight up unless they were looking for warmth and less detail. Why is there so much more music and detail in the silver. I am not saying that you cannot make a copper cable of comparable quality to the sogon, but if the conductors are so close why are these so different. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back