Copper vs silver cables
Nov 4, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #241 of 245
Speculation may be a source of ideas, however, it becomes science when there is proof. Theorem alone is not enough. Remember in math or physics we ask for a proof of a theorem.
And that's what the Science forum is for. This forum is for common experience among hobbyists and to bring scientific demands here is not suppose to refrain other's commentary. That's why the "NO DBT" comments in the forum title. There are a lot of people who would chime in on their experiences with silver were it not for the constant badgering. When you demand proof of any person commenting they like silver because of any reasoning having to do with what they hear, it's the same as calling them liars and you bring science up as your hole card like that's the joker to your winning hand. But science is constantly learning and adjusting their understanding that was set in stone the last time it found the answer. For as much good and knowledge as science has given us, they are still grasping at the world around us for answers and audio is no different. To be so arrogant about it's results as to call all liars and nutjobs with insinuations is not going to hold muster any more than going into the science forum with opinions won't. It's called respect and some have none.

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #242 of 245
And that's what the Science forum is for. This forum is for common experience among hobbyists and to bring scientific demands here is not suppose to refrain other's commentary. That's why the "NO DBT" comments in the forum title.

Then that's the forum where you should have made your statement "Based on economics and not ultimate performance. Copper was 'good enough'."

But you didn't. You posted it here. And I didn't say a word about double blind testing. I asked you about the physical properties that would substantiate your statement.

This is an example of what I have been talking about. Someone makes an objective claim, then when that claim is questioned, they try and hide behind the "No DBT" rule.

Can't have it both ways. Either confine your objective statements and claims to the Sound Science forum or expect any objective claims made in these forums to be questioned or otherwise challenged. And as long as blind testing is not brought up, I see no reason why that should be in violation of the DBT rule.

se

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:18 PM Post #243 of 245
Happy,

There is no point in stating the obvious, the objectivists feel they are saving us from ourselves and it is their holy mission to bring enlightenment to us poor savages.

Nov 4, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #244 of 245
blink.gif
   .../unsubscribe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back