Cool Looking Schiit
Aug 4, 2010 at 12:08 AM Post #467 of 494
Hey Guys,

Some bad news (reposted from our site):

Okay. Here are those words we didn't want to say: the first shipment of Valhalla will be delayed. We're now anticipating first shipments to happen on 8/31.

Why? It's simple. The outer (aluminum) chassis isn't up to snuff. See the photo of the carnage at the metal house. We spent a long day yesterday with the chassis vendor, working through the reasons why. I believe we have now worked out the last kinks in the process, and are running new chassis for delivery in a couple of weeks.

(We also had a couple of parts come in late--but that wouldn't have been a showstopper.)

So, in order to make the first shipment of Valhalla the highest quality possible, we're moving the delivery date out to the 31st. We'll stage shipments, so your amp may ship slightly after that date.

Some FAQs:

Q: What if I want to cancel my order?
A: Contact us and we'll be happy to cancel it for you.

Q: Dangit, is this just a scheme to keep our money for two months?
A: No. If you paid by Google Checkout, your card has not been charged, and will not be charged until yours ships.

Q: Where are you with Valhalla production, besides the chassis?
A: We're pretty much done. Boards are done. Inner chassis are in-house. Tubes are being matched. All the boxes/parts/etc are in-hand. We're ready to ship. Except the outer aluminum chassis--which just happens to be the most critical cosmetic part.

Q: If I order now, can mine go out with the shipment on the 31st?
A: Nope, we're pretty much sold out. The good news is we are in continuous production afterwards, so you will get it shortly.

Q: Does this affect Asgard being back in-stock?
A: We certainly hope not--we're still pegging end of August for new Asgards.

Q: I want to buy something NOW!
A: Terribly sorry about that. We'll have a few more B-stock Asgards soon, but until the end of the month, that's about it.

Many apologies--but we want these to be absolutely right.

Jason

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Aug 4, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #471 of 494

Quote:
That is not a black Valhalla, it's just the plastic casing part that you see sandwiched between the metal body of the amp.

What's the point of that if the chassis is to be the heatsink?

Aug 4, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #472 of 494
The plastic is only on the sides,back and the inside of the top surface, the metal is still used to dissipate heat to the bottom assuming the design is still similar to the Asgard. I had the Asgard so I have an idea where the heat is dissipated.

Aug 4, 2010 at 2:51 AM Post #473 of 494
That makes sense. A black Valhalla would've been so neat, but oh well...

Aug 4, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #474 of 494
Yes, but tubes get hot, and heat rises. It doesn't make sense to poke the top of the tubes out through holes in the black plastic.

Aug 4, 2010 at 3:23 AM Post #475 of 494
Are you sure those pieces are plastic? I was under the impression the who housing was aluminum.

Aug 4, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #476 of 494
I had the Asgard, I don't think the dark grey areas on the sides,rear and top were metal unless it was coated in some way because it never felt cold to touch when it's off like metal does. It felt like dense plastic to me

Aug 4, 2010 at 3:30 AM Post #477 of 494
OK, then I was mistaken. In that case i agree that that would be a strange material coice to be used around tubes.

Aug 4, 2010 at 5:45 AM Post #479 of 494
Hey Jason, if I were to order a Valhalla in the next couple of days, realistically when do you think it'd be shipped out?

Thanks again for making yourself available to the users of head-fi. It's always helpful when you can directly talk to the manufacturers :).

Aug 4, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #480 of 494
Hey guys,

To clarify one thing: the inner chassis of the Asgard and Valhalla is steel. It's been powder-coated with a semi-metallic dark gray paint. It's not going to have a problem with the heat of the tubes.

As far as ordering now, you should be looking at shipment around September 15.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back