Cool Looking Schiit
Jul 8, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #437 of 494

Quote:
starting to post asgard impressions in my 3 amp showdown now...

Link please??  
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 8, 2010 at 4:33 PM Post #439 of 494
A question for those who already have their Asgard...

I plan on ordering one within the next few weeks, and will most likely place an order for the Valhalla when it's released.  I noticed the cases are the same width, length, and depth which would make stacking the two easy and aesthetically pleasing.  However, I'm worried about the Asgard getting too hot sitting on the bottom and underneath the Valhalla.  Does anyone foresee this problem with the included rubber feet? 

Jul 8, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #440 of 494

Quote:
A question for those who already have their Asgard...

I plan on ordering one within the next few weeks, and will most likely place an order for the Valhalla when it's released.  I noticed the cases are the same width, length, and depth which would make stacking the two easy and aesthetically pleasing.  However, I'm worried about the Asgard getting too hot sitting on the bottom and underneath the Valhalla.  Does anyone foresee this problem with the included rubber feet? 

I would not recommend stacking anything on top of the Asgard, unless it's a small fan.  
wink_face.gif

Asgard:
Size: 9 x 6.75 x 2.25”

Vahalla:
Size: 9 x 6.75 x 3.25”

It would probably look nice to stack them, but I suspect neither amp would be too happy about that.

Jul 8, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #443 of 494

Quote:
Heat rises and the amp on top will have a higher ambient temp to deal with than the bottom amp which is a far from optimal situation for an amp to be in :)

True

Jul 8, 2010 at 5:37 PM Post #445 of 494

Quote:
Yeah I emailed Jason last week about stacking the two and he said it would be a bad, bad idea. But they would look very nice stacked. 
smile.gif

Even if I only used one at a time?

regular_smile .gif

Jul 8, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #447 of 494

Quote:
Even if I only used one at a time?

regular_smile%20.gif

Using one at a time will be better, but just having the valhalla sitting on top of the Asgard will impede the flow of air through the Asgard when you do use it.

Jul 10, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #448 of 494
Anybody heard when the Valhalla will be available for delivery?   The site still has preorder status.  I hope to read up on initial impressions before pulling the trigger and buy.

Jul 10, 2010 at 10:03 AM Post #450 of 494
That was the date I was given when I asked for a review loaner.  But I'm sure that is subject to change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back