Cool Looking Schiit
Jun 20, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #121 of 494
I like Schiit's business approach and enthusiasm. They seem to have very well thought out plans and ideas backed up with amazing quality service. They also seem to know how to cater to people who don't care about all the electrical terminology. I think "Schiit" is a great marketing name; look at all the attention they're already getting. I'm looking forward to the Asgard, hopefully the sound will live up to the hype. 

Jun 20, 2010 at 6:52 PM Post #122 of 494

Quote:
Man I would love to try these but unfortunately I have this thing where I need all my audio equipment to be black =(

Surely a black chassis would match your company name better? Lol definitely not as well as the color brown though.   

Same dilemma here. Love the design, but I was never a fan of the silver-type color scheme, plus, everything else I own is sleek black. Different color options would really be the icing on the cake!

Jun 20, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #123 of 494
Quote:
jeez guys, I was just trying to be funny...
redface.gif

I'm sure there are places that could do anodizing, though.  I know of folks that do custom computer mods that have their cases anodized.  That would make the most sense...

-HK sends

PS - Can you anodize metal that has already been anodized?  Does it need to be stripped first, somehow?

Yes, it would need to be stripped first.

Boyles Snyder in Los Angeles does excellent anodizing work and I believe they have a $90 lot charge. Those who have amps that they want black could probably get together and organize a "group mod" of sorts and split the costs.

Boyles Snyder
3446 John St
Los Angeles, CA,
90026-4504

323-663-5363

No website.

se

Jun 20, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #127 of 494

Quote:
I'm subscribing to this Schitt. Asgard and Valhalla look teh secks!
Any chance they would send evaluation units to interested customers in the US?
atsmile.gif

Yeah, send 'em 250 bux and they'll send you a free eval unit you can keep!

Jun 20, 2010 at 10:55 PM Post #131 of 494
Jun 20, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #132 of 494

Quote:
I see what you did there lol. But yeah, the 15-day guarantee thing is really tempting. 
dt880smile.png

I was really tempted by the no questions asked 15-day guarantee as well, then I realized that it takes, what, like a week at least to burn in an amp (and even then, it's only 168 hrs if you leave it running day and night). I doubt it's enough time for me to "try it out" at its full potential so I think I'll just wait for the early reviews.

Jun 20, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #133 of 494
For me, if it doesn't sound like Schiit after a few hours of warm up, I should know enough regarding whether or not it's a keeper.  If, instead, it sounds like caca, then it goes back...  Simple.

No amount of burn in is going to redeem something that sounds terrible from the get go.

Jun 20, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #134 of 494

Quote:
For me, if it doesn't sound like Schiit after a few hours of warm up, I should know enough regarding whether or not it's a keeper.  If, instead, it sounds like caca, then it goes back...  Simple.

No amount of burn in is going to redeem something that sounds terrible from the get go.

+1

Jun 21, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #135 of 494

Quote:

Agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back