Cool Looking Schiit
Jun 21, 2010 at 12:02 AM Post #136 of 494

Quote:
For me, if it doesn't sound like Schiit after a few hours of warm up, I should know enough regarding whether or not it's a keeper.  If, instead, it sounds like caca, then it goes back...  Simple.

No amount of burn in is going to redeem something that sounds terrible from the get go.

But we want it to sound like Schiit, right?
tongue_smile.gif
o2smile.gif

(I wonder if we'll all look back two years from now and wonder why the poop jokes never stopped...)

Jun 21, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #137 of 494
I really wish i could keep up with all the people spouting various technical bits regarding these and other amps in this thread.  I envy you all for haveing knowlege in this area.

I am also amazed at how many people with pretty high end cans are ordering these.  I though more people really went for expensive amps, but i suppose many of you already have those :)

i have to admit, this company and thread got my attention.  Ill definitely be giving an attentive ear to the reviewers.

by the way.. what a crap name for a company... couldn't resist...

Jun 21, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #138 of 494
Jun 21, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #139 of 494
By the way, for those who are ordering from California, is TAX included and how much is shipping?

Jun 21, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #144 of 494
The impressions thread should be separated so that we won't have to scour through all this talk of how to paint and modify this schiit 
biggrin.gif

Jun 21, 2010 at 9:13 AM Post #145 of 494

Quote:
The impressions thread should be separated so that we won't have to scour through all this talk of how to paint and modify this schiit 
biggrin.gif

Good point.

Jun 21, 2010 at 9:27 AM Post #146 of 494

Quote:
By the way, for those who are ordering from California, is TAX included and how much is shipping?

According to a friend who just ordered one, sales tax is NOT included.  Shipping to San Francisco cost him around $10 

Jun 21, 2010 at 9:44 AM Post #147 of 494

Quote:
(I wonder if we'll all look back two years from now and wonder why the poop jokes never stopped...)

Two years? I'm already wondering that now.

Jun 21, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #148 of 494
These amps seem like nice products, they might be on my shopping list if I didn't already own a $300-400 headphone amp. But I think the name is horrible. If you are selling the product through a forum like Head-Fi where there you can talk directly to your target customers who have an intimate understanding of the product category, the name doesn't matter. But if you eventually plan to advertise in channels besides Head-Fi announcement threads, then people over 12 might find the name a turn-off. I know I do.

Jun 21, 2010 at 9:46 AM Post #149 of 494

Quote:
But if you eventually plan to advertise in channels besides Head-Fi announcement threads, then people over 12 might find the name a turn-off. I know I do.

Say it as 'Sheet' then. Sounds better that way.

Jun 21, 2010 at 11:07 AM Post #150 of 494
FYI there is an Asgard Unboxing and First Impressions thread started by Jude:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/497902/schiit-asgard-unboxing-and-first-impressions

Folks in that thread are patiently awaiting impressions of the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back