Converting itunes library help
Nov 29, 2012 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

lonelysuperstar

New Head-Fier
I really did search, but did not find what I was looking for although, I may have missed it due to my not having a tech savy vocab. I am ditching my iphone and purchasing a Cowan X9 and would like to know how to convert my itunes library to transfer to my new player. Please be gentle, keep In mind of not tech savy so please if you can keep it simple.

Nov 29, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #2 of 17
I'm not sure about the X9, but my Cowon X7 was drag and drop. No conversion needed, just drag all the files you want into its folder.

M4a files should work just fine with it. I've had some problems with lossless M4a's, but normal ones work fine. If you need to convert them to another format, I would suggest getting a trial of dbpoweramp as it is the fastest option. But see if they work fine without converting first.

Nov 29, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #3 of 17
Quote:
I'm not sure about the X9, but my Cowon X7 was drag and drop. No conversion needed, just drag all the files you want into its folder.

M4a files should work just fine with it. I've had some problems with lossless M4a's, but normal ones work fine. If you need to convert them to another format, I would suggest getting a trial of dbpoweramp as it is the fastest option. But see if they work fine without converting first.

Sorry for this but, does that mean I would plug my Cowon into my Mac, open itunes and drag the files to the Cowon?

Nov 29, 2012 at 7:05 PM Post #5 of 17
Ok, thank you for the replies. One more question, will I notice a difference in sound quality moving from the iphone to the Cowon? I have the EQu ap on th iphone, from my understanding the Cowon is an "amped" mp3 player?

Nov 30, 2012 at 8:15 AM Post #6 of 17
It is more amped and of higher quality than most mp3 players, yeah. The extra amping will only really effect quality if your headphones were being underpowered before, and will likely just grant you a volume boost which will give you more room to work around with subtractive equalization.

Nov 30, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #7 of 17
Ok, I have been doing some more reading and am a bit torn here. My question now is, do I just keep my iphone and get an amp to go along with it, or is it worth it to upgrade to the Cowon? Keep in mind I am using Sennheiser IE8's.

Dec 1, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #8 of 17
Are you having problems with the volume level using the Senns and iPhone?

How does an X9 replace a phone?

I'm not understanding what the problem is. If it's just not loud enough, you could get a line out dock and nice little amp for the iPhone for around $100. That's another thing to carry around with you, but I'm assuming you're thinking of carrying both the iPhone and the Cowan, so I guess that's OK with you.

Dec 1, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #9 of 17
Unless your phone is defective, I doubt you will be needing an amp with a 125dB sensitivity 16 Ohm impedance pair of headphones. So just don't buy anything. Cowon might have slightly better sound quality but not by the amount that it costs, unless you do some seriously heavy subtractive equalization. And I mean really heavy, as the Cowon X7 drives my IEMs to deafening levels and they're 20dB less sensitive than yours.

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #10 of 17
Quote:
Are you having problems with the volume level using the Senns and iPhone?

How does an X9 replace a phone?

I'm not understanding what the problem is. If it's just not loud enough, you could get a line out dock and nice little amp for the iPhone for around $100. That's another thing to carry around with you, but I'm assuming you're thinking of carrying both the iPhone and the Cowan, so I guess that's OK with you.

I have a work phone and I'm ditching the iphone and saving myself $80 a month. I am looking at the X9 and other similar devices because I want something that can push the Senn's a bit harder with some more clarity. I am also trying to do this without having to purchase an external amp.

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #11 of 17
Quote:
Unless your phone is defective, I doubt you will be needing an amp with a 125dB sensitivity 16 Ohm impedance pair of headphones. So just don't buy anything. Cowon might have slightly better sound quality but not by the amount that it costs, unless you do some seriously heavy subtractive equalization. And I mean really heavy, as the Cowon X7 drives my IEMs to deafening levels and they're 20dB less sensitive than yours.

I will selling the iphone to compensate for the Cowon. I have the EQu ap on the iphone and it sounds ok, just not wuite where I want it to be. And I'm honesly tired of the iphone.

Dec 21, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #14 of 17
UPDATE:

Just received my Cowon this morning and I have to say the sound is great! But, I think I will be returning it. The USB connection to the device itself is horrible, I can't even get it to stay connected. How can you send a product out like this? I read that some have had an issue with this but thought it was just a fluke. So disappointed here. Guess its the new iPod touch for me :frowning2:

Dec 23, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #15 of 17
Quote:
UPDATE:
Just received my Cowon this morning and I have to say the sound is great! But, I think I will be returning it. The USB connection to the device itself is horrible, I can't even get it to stay connected. How can you send a product out like this? I read that some have had an issue with this but thought it was just a fluke. So disappointed here. Guess its the new iPod touch for me
frown.gif

First - I am a bit of an Apple fanboy.  I have the iPod Touch 4G, and it is a fine player, with excellent build quality.  I suspect the 5G is the same.  I've never really been satisfied with the overall experience from the couple of other players I've tried, I keep coming back to apple.  Sound quality is very good, and yes, there are others out there that have better SQ.  I ran line out into a Pico Slim for a couple of years, and finally decided that for iems, I would just ditch the Pico Slim (best iem amp ever, by the way) and play straight out of the iPod.  My cuurent setup then, is iPod Touch 4G to 1964 ears quads (custom 4 driver iem).  I am very stisfied with this simple setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back