contemplating on which to keep, hd800 or lcd-2.
Nov 28, 2012 at 11:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

nuclear

New Head-Fier
hey guys, thought asking you would get me closer to an unregretable definite choice, i own both hd800 and lcd2, thing is that i run both through the schiit lyr and i feel that this amp does not exert the full potential of the hd800, im satisfied with the sound of the lcd2 but i dont wanna sell the hd800 before hearing opinions from you guys who compared both with an omnipotent amplifier capable to exert the potential of both pairs, im in desperate need for money so i got no choice but to give up on one of them, thank you :)

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #2 of 6
Quote:
hey guys, thought asking you would get me closer to an unregretable definite choice, i own both hd800 and lcd2, thing is that i run both through the schiit lyr and i feel that this amp does not exert the full potential of the hd800, im satisfied with the sound of the lcd2 but i dont wanna sell the hd800 before hearing opinions from you guys who compared both with an omnipotent amplifier capable to exert the potential of both pairs, im in desperate need for money so i got no choice but to give up on one of them, thank you :)

If you don't enjoy your hd800 as much as your lcd2, just sell your hd800. Why do you need to reassured by the fans of this "omnipotent headphone" (from that "omnipotent brand"
biggrin.gif
)  ?  You know, few people can enjoy the hd800 even from a poor source, and  I  bet your shiit is enough good to give you an idea of how it would sound with "better" sources.
I'm surprised though that you have no comfort issues with the lcd2, just because of that some people would keep the hd800 instead.

Nov 28, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
im in desperate need for money so i got no choice but to give up on one of them, thank you :)

Sell the one you like less. Don't hold onto something because you think a future upgrade will improve it by leaps and bounds, often the changes are more subtle and refined than that. If you like the LCD-2 more, kick the HD 800s to the curb.

Nov 28, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #5 of 6
If you are strapped for cash sell the HD800s. Sounds like if you keep them you'll end up dropping more cash to upgrade your amp. LCD2 and Lyr is already a great setup.

Nov 29, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #6 of 6
Sell those HD800...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back