Considering the Harman Kardon CL as my first pair of on-ear headphones. Good choice or no? I listen to most genres
Oct 28, 2013 at 4:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

baddoctor

New Head-Fier
These would be my first set of premium-quality headphones. the only decent ones i've owned so far have been the Klipsch Image S4s. 

I had originally been considering the ATH-M50s and the Grado S60i's, due to them being recommended almost everywhere. However, the Harman Kardon CLs have a really beautiful design imo, and from the reviews i've read, the sound quality is supposed to be quite excellent, and good for travelling since I commute a lot (one reason i removed the Grados from the running, because i heard they leak a lot of noise). i do have a good set of in-ears, but i go away for long periods at a time, and would love to have a set of on ears with me when i go.

i've tried on the M50s and i was impressed by the sound, although not completely blown away. Haven't been able to try the CLs since i couldn't find them at any retailers around me. 

with that being said, would you recommend the Harman Kardon CLs as good entry level audiophile headphones?

Mar 6, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 3
Check out the reviews here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/690983/harman-kardon-cl-review-updated-after-burn-review

I just ordered a pair from Amazon for $89, can't wait to receive them in 2 days....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back