Connecticut Mini-Meet 10/19/2003
Oct 16, 2003 at 12:54 AM Post #46 of 56
Quote:

Originally posted by DanG
Hard question. Why don't you ask Hirsch?
tongue.gif

I know his answer. I think he has the bumper sticker "the one with the most amps/tubes wins".

biggrin.gif

Oct 16, 2003 at 8:41 PM Post #47 of 56
Looks like I'm out of Amptoberfest. My ride from NY is unable to attend and I don't drive.
frown.gif

Hope you guys have a ball-

If someone else from NYC is driving out...I would love to hitch a ride.

John

Oct 17, 2003 at 11:48 PM Post #48 of 56
O.K. The Blockhead has arrived and all the cables. Thanks Ivy. Can you Imagine having this wonderful headphone amp sitting in your house and not having a balanced source? AAGGHH.
I should have a loaner tomorrow. At least there will some coming for the meet. It's too bad Williamgoody and Jmederios can't make it. I really wanted to hang out with these guys. Well maybe for Amtoberfest .5. Anyway I know it will be a blast Sunday. I am going beer shopping tomorrow. In search of Oktoberfest beers. Atkins might be bumped this weekend.
So far I can't say enough about how great Ivy/Headroom, WilsonM and JMT have been about supply some fantastic toys to play with. Thanks. You folks are what make Head-fi great.
See ya Sunday.
cool.gif

p.s. I bought a Lotto ticket tonight. Maybe I can keep some of this stuff.
rolleyes.gif

Oct 18, 2003 at 10:29 PM Post #49 of 56
Starting to set up everything. People bringing gear should bring ICs and maybe powerstrips. I think we should OK. I'm trying to set up "listening stations". Should be interesting.
I picked burgers, dogs, some Oktoberfest beers and some white wines. Feel free to bring whatever you want. Thanks.
cool.gif

Oct 19, 2003 at 5:51 AM Post #52 of 56
My Benchmark DAC1 has balanced XLR outs too. I don't have cables for it either, but if you do and it works...

See y'all there!

-j

Oct 19, 2003 at 11:26 AM Post #53 of 56
I look forward to the report on this! Sorry again to miss it, but we have had a rather large birthday party planned for my mother for some time.

"I'd love to be there mum, but I really feel the need to try out many different headphones instead." Ermm, maybe not.

Have a great time guys!

Nov 10, 2003 at 2:19 AM Post #54 of 56
Ah Im pissed I missed this ! I have a rs-1 , sr-225 , ( getting a ultra) , ra-1 , and lots of cool stuff I could have brought, and im in Ct !
oh well next time , post pics id love to hear how this went.

Nov 10, 2003 at 6:02 AM Post #55 of 56
There's a thread in the members' lounge with some of our impressions as well as a link to the great pictures our gracious host, lextek, took.

There should be a Boston meet coming up sometime soon. Check that thread to say when you can make it or if you have suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back