Connecticut Mini-Meet 10/19/2003
Sep 10, 2003 at 11:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

lextek

Headphoneus Supremus
Wondering if anyone is interested in a mini-meet here in central CT? I will be happy to have it at my house. Willamgoody and Jpleg have shown interest so far. Jamont? We will have my Melos, JMT portable, MH-CD25, iPod. Iw ould like to get a Max and a HR-2. See what we can do. No promises. I always have food, beer and root beer and wine if wanted. It will be on a Sunday.

Sep 11, 2003 at 12:48 AM Post #3 of 56
I don't know how long it would take to drive out there but I might be interested if you can get a specific date and if there wouldn't be too many people attending already. I can bring all of my gear including my Meridian 508, my Melos (if a bit redundant), my MS Pros, my DH Labs cables, and my K Works Empowered power cord (as well as my Monster HTS-2000 PLC if needed).

Sep 11, 2003 at 2:41 AM Post #4 of 56
I might be interested. If I can't make it, but someone else is making the drive from Boston, I could loan my Meier HA-2 (which should be arriving at my place sometime next week).

Sep 12, 2003 at 9:39 AM Post #6 of 56
Here's a tenative date Ocotober 19. Wilson M. has graciously offer to loan us his Emmeline HR-2 for the meet. So now we need a Max to fill out the amp guest list. Let me know about the date. The following weekend is no go good. So as always open for suggestions.

Maybe we should call it Amptoberfest?

Sep 14, 2003 at 2:58 AM Post #8 of 56
OK I goy an email from Ivy at Headroom. They are going to hook us up. Thanks big time. So it looks like a Melos, Max, Peareux(sp), HR-2 and maybe a Corda. HDs, CD3ks,Etys and some Grados. Should be top notch. Let me know guys.

Sep 19, 2003 at 3:08 AM Post #10 of 56
About how long of a drive is it to your place from Boston? There is a small number of us who are very interested but I, for one, would only be willing to drive so far even for headphone nirvana.
wink.gif

Sep 19, 2003 at 9:22 PM Post #14 of 56
mapquest says i'm an hour and a half away from kensington, ct. i know that jpelg and dave-the-rave have been very interested in hearing my stax setup (after i keep describing it to them like a drug-crazed addict), so i'd be willing to make the drive.

this is of course if all of you guys are interested and i won't be stepping on any toes or anything. this would mean i could bring:

cary 306/200 cd player
kgss electrostatic amp
stax omega 2's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back